What's your "comfort" food?

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Conversation belongs at the dinner table, even if just to prolong the time when I've got to get up and clean the kitchen!

By the way, when I saw your post, I thought (sadly) that you had retired that cute orange kitty who turns his head. Glad to see him as your avatar.

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, thankfully I'd two sizes of the "cat lie down" GIF. So, the smaller one fit nicely with this web site's avatar requirements! I'm still thinking on the matter of what graphic to use in my signature block, so for now it'll be the two love-cats gazing at the moon. I tried a montage of four GIFs, depicting the city at night, but the unreliability of my storage site (Virtue.Nu) killed that idea.

After all this food talk, perhaps somebody had better ask a new question. I can't think of one right off hand.

=^..^=

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmmm, have to add my two cents worth in here....LOL

that is SO sad about your friend Debby, because if I couldn't talk during my meal I would go nuts!!!! And it is sad that just because you voiced your concern you haven't been invited back. Their loss.

And Deb...how sweet you bring home the olives for your babies!!!! You are such a doll!
I'm afraid I would be selfish and eat them!! :laughing:

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I forgot to add, since this is the comfort food thread...I have just a couple more I thought of...

Chocolate covered cherries
State Fair corn dogs
cheese....on anything!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cheese, definitely.

I also have this age-old secret wish to just eat my way through the midway at the State Fair.

alexnell

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have you ever had cheese-on-a-stick? A big hunk cheese speared on a corn dog stick, dipped in batter, and fried golden brown? It's just heaven.
Is it just a Minnesota thing? I hope not.

There's also walleye-on-a-stick.
I'm pretty sure that's a Minnesota thing. If this delicious and practical idea has spread to other states, I'd love to know.

amanda

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My fav food...there are just too many to choose from....I luurrvveee spicy food. I keep getting major cravings for stong cheese, like danish blue and rocquefort.....yummmmmmmmm I also like odd thinks like roll mops (raw pickled herrings) I know sounds gross but they are yummie!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mealtime is the time we and our children share our day and get close with each other. In our fast-paced world, that seems to be the only time we can all be together and at our house it was a must to be at the dinner table. Even if our daughter said she wasn't hungry or didn't want to eat, she had to sit at the table with us and contribute to the conversation.

Now at 21 years of age, she is really close to my husband and me. (I know, I know, you think I should say "my husband and I" - not so.)

Anyway, those folks are missing a lot of what is going on in their children's lives by not talking during mealtimes.

My 2 cents for what it's worth.

Favourite Food - Home made chocolate pie!

logan0103

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Simba's Mom,

I couldn't agree with you more. Eating together as a family everyday is a must. it was just about the only time we all were together to hear what everyone was doing, what with different sports practises, then jobs etc.Everyone coming & going. So eating together helped us stay close.

Now having homemade pizza (garbage pizza), that's with everything on it under the sun
really got them to the table fast!