What's your cat thinking?

minlee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you ever wonder what they think about? My cat can meow alot and I wish i was Dr. Doolittle so I could understand what she is saying. I feel bad cause she wants you to follow her and she keeps meowing and turns and looks at me and meows some more. Only if I could understand cat.

rafm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cats call DH and I monkeys. And they say it rather rudely, and only when they aren't getting their way.

We do actually try to figure out what they want when they are crying at us but we have one cat in particular that cries constantly. If he goes and sits on his stool under the treat cabinet, that means he wants treats. If he does a short mew with a head butt, that means he wants to be brushed. And if he starts caterwauling, that means he is highly upset and hasn't gotten something he wants and will shortly start knocking things off the counter until you give him what he wants.
Lately, any time we walk through the kitchen he runs and gets on his stool wanting treats and using a very demanding cry until it drives you insane and you give in or he gets on the counter and starts rattling the elevated porcelain dishes he eats out of. He sticks his head underneath them and pushes them up, if he succesfully gets one out, he'll try to push it, with his head, to the edge of the counter to knock it on the floor. And when you run in to fuss him, he jumps onto his stool and screams at you.

He might be a little spoiled.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

minlee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RAFM

My cats call DH and I monkeys. And they say it rather rudely, and only when they aren't getting their way.

We do actually try to figure out what they want when they are crying at us but we have one cat in particular that cries constantly. If he goes and sits on his stool under the treat cabinet, that means he wants treats. If he does a short mew with a head butt, that means he wants to be brushed. And if he starts caterwauling, that means he is highly upset and hasn't gotten something he wants and will shortly start knocking things off the counter until you give him what he wants.
Lately, any time we walk through the kitchen he runs and gets on his stool wanting treats and using a very demanding cry until it drives you insane and you give in or he gets on the counter and starts rattling the elevated porcelain dishes he eats out of. He sticks his head underneath them and pushes them up, if he succesfully gets one out, he'll try to push it, with his head, to the edge of the counter to knock it on the floor. And when you run in to fuss him, he jumps onto his stool and screams at you.

He might be a little spoiled.
Mine is spoiled as well but tiger is more patient than snowy

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I think I got Monet's thoughts down pretty well.. at least I'd like to think I got them right!

Meowing after his meal.. he's either complimenting it (if he ate it all), or telling me he hates it (if he snubs it)
Stares at me in bed.. he wants me to roll over on my back so he can claim my chest for some loving.
Stares at me when Picasso's near.. he's still not 100% happy, lol

glenman12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My older cat, 4 yrs, only makes a noise when Im taking him to the vet..other than that, never a peep...the younger guy, 11 months is a complete chatty kathy.always walking around "saying" something...I just think cats are different..