What's your answering machine say?

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"If your trying to reach Carol, you dialed the wrong number. Otherwise please leave a message & we will call you back shortly."

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

the other's says 'OMG, did you hear what happened last night...' and goes on to tell some rediculous story that you have to listen to before leaving a message
That would drive me nuts!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think ours is something like "I'm sorry we're not available to take your call; Mooch and Noodles will take a message after the beep" My mother always leaves mesages directed to them. "Hi Mooch and Noodles! Tell Mommy to call me please!"

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't like 'em and don't use 'em. If no one answers the phone here, we're not home (or we're having dinner), so the person has to call back, email, or talk to us in person if it's important.

I used to get home from a long day and spend 30 minutes returning phone calls, usually by leaving another message on the caller's machine. Forget that!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

p.s. Natalie_ca, I like your humorous announcements, though!

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL - you guys have some hilarious stories! Mine is very boring, but professional because it's the only phone I use. Something like "You've reached the voicemail of ____ ____. I'm sorry I can't take your call right now. Please leave a message and I'll return your call as soon as possible. Thank you." See, boring!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine just has Francesca, because i messed it up!

Although in australia we used to have two answering machines, one was for when we werent home and it goes " you call the family ... please leave your name and number and we will get back to you as soon as we can"

Then on the other one people would receive it if i was on the phone or doing a 3 way and it went like this:

"Look im on the phone now so call back later!"