What's wrong with Luna's eye?? Oh no!

lunalover

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Helllllllllllp!

I came home from work today and notice Luna was blinking one eye a LOT more than the other, and then I realised she wasn't opening it as much as the other.

There's no swelling, or redness, no weeping or fluids. She's not behaving like she's in pain, she's acting like her normal crazy self and her appetite is fine.

When she's resting the one eye is so squinted it's almost closed...

But when she's playing and fully alert it is completely open.

Could she just have bumped it a bit throughout the day? She's a completely indoor cat so she hasn't been into contact with anything.

It's just looking very strange and after the last vet trip I really have no money to take her again right now unless it's an absolute emergency

firedancer722

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This same thing just happened to Siddha about 3 weeks ago. Ended up taking him to the vet because I started worrying that he could get permanent damage to his eyes from whatever it was. The doc said it was probably Herpes or Chlamydia and gave me an ointment to put in it.

If you have a good relationship with your vet, do you think you could call and explain what's going on since you were just there? Let them know your financial situation. They MIGHT be willing to prescribe something - although this is probably a long shot.

Good luck and let us know how Luna's doing.

Candace

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There could be an infection but it could also be a scratch or ulcer, which needs to have attention, the wrong meds make it worse. Sorry, I know that means a trip to the vet but if it is a scratch or ulcer it needs proper treatment or it could get much worse and be a bigger vet bill