What’s wrong with her?

meowrelle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mireille is an indoor cat that I adopted in July, birth in April. In mid-August I began to notice that he was scratching a lot and in September I saw his first bald spot on his legs.

I will summarize these last three months of treatment with the vet by saying that we have dewormed her (twice in a month), looked at the possibility of fungus (hope this is the right word in English), done a blood test (where all the values have come out correct) she has been taking corticosteroids for a month and she has been eating hypoallergenic feed (Virbac a2) for two months.

EA5DFB23-EC29-4445-B2AD-75CB195FEA4E.jpeg

The bald spots on the legs continue to appear, the same, and she continues to scratch in the area of the ears (behind). Luckily, it's not something desperate and no blood or injury has been made, I don’t even caught her washing her legs. We don't know what could be happening.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Fleas? Do you know how to check for those? If not, that it could be an allergy - either food or environmental (detergents, dust, mold, and so on).

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, your English is good:)

I don't have a solution, but can you obtain store bought plain chamomile tea (garden grown is unsafe for cats)? It's anti fungal and anti bacterial. Or coconut oil which is anti microbial. Both will ease any discomfort and are safe if ingested. Apply to the areas behind her ears especially.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meowrelle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I believe we have checked on fleas and it’s ok. She is adopted, but she didn’t even had ear mites because a family took care of her and her brothers. Later I was told she was the only one that didn’t go outside (her mother was a feral cat).

My vet also thinks it’s atopy. The treatment would be cyclosporine and I am not sure if it worths if her case is not too heavy… what I know is that it can increase the chances of tumor and diabetes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meowrelle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the advise Furballsmom Furballsmom ! I will try both. I even bought a dry shampoo also from my vet to fight her itching but nothing changed. Maybe, something more natural could help.

Thank you for cheering my English! ☺

I had never heard about litter allergy! I have to have a look on this. I use vegetal litter. This one: Greenwoods arena vegetal aglomerante al mejor precio en zooplus

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do you use candles, fabric softener, or scented laundry detergent? (Even on things that aren't hers, such as your own clothes or bedding). Do you use any carpet powders/fresheners, or scented litter?
Also, as Furballsmom Furballsmom said, your English is good! :)