What's Up With My Cat's Eye

Larson1996

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm new here and kind of freaked out.

I have a cat who's around 1~2 (shelter wasn't 100% sure) and I woke up this morning to see her with what I thought was sleeping in her eye.

I left her alone for the day after failing to get her to let me clean it off, and when I came home I checked more. Instead its like there is something white attached to her lower eyelid but hanging out and off to the side away from her other eye.

I'm obsessively trying to figure out what the issue is while I'm unable to take her to the vet.

I know that's she's had no issues with this in the months since i got her. She doesn't seem lethargic and acts normal outside of favoring the one eye.

She and my other cat have had issues with being territorial and I'm terrified the other cat detached part of her eyelid or something.

Does anyone have an idea what this might be? Do I wait and see how it fairs for more than 24 hrs or do I need to have her seen as soon as physically possible.

I'm sorry for any typos and if I'm being confusing with my writing. It's been a really bad day and this is just tipping the scales one last time.

Thank you for any help you all can offer.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! You're ok with your typing no worries in that regard. I'm sorry you're having a such a bad day.
If I didn't know better, it's looking to me like maybe the other cats claw did hook the inner eyelid...
I think, if you can, send the photos to your vet and see if they suggest to bring your baby in.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, if she were my cat I would be at the vet's office waiting tomorrow morning, the very second they opened.

And I'm not one to over react.

Please take her to the vet and let us know what they say!

Fingers crossed it's nothing serious.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Larson1996

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just to add closure, I have the end of the story!

I took her to the vet and it was HAIR!

She had some hairs that got caught in the glands just under her eyelid. It caused the area to swell and push out. They sedated her briefly and removed the hair.

She's now on eye drops and tiny cat aspirin for a week.

Thank you app so much!

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is FANTASTIC!!!! I'm so glad it was nothing terribly serious. For all of the amazing knowledge and experience on this board, sometimes nothing but a vet will do. You kitty is a very lucky girl to have such a concerned custodian.