Whats the worst mess youve made?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Thought of it because I spilled a cup of coffee on the floor. Even got on the walls. Worst mess,not including food is I dropped my round 27 day electronic pill box totally full,6 in each slot. Splattered everywhere. I was going through my pantry in the back and saw a box of unopened cereal 4 years old

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I made a pizza for our kids when they were younger and when I was taking it out of the oven it slipped off the pan onto the floor. The sauce went everywhere and so did the toppings. Needless to say the kids were very disappointed. :frown:

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’ve had a bottle of olive oil drop on the kitchen floor, a casserole dish of sauce do a slip splash trying to get it out of the over-the-range microwave (saved from true disaster; it didn’t drop and break itself or my glass stovetop), and one time I tried to gulp coffee and cough at the same time. I don’t know what was the worst of those. Dawn cleaned my floor. The sauce splattered but eventually I stopped finding new spots. Most of what was on the side of my fridge will bear the coffee spray forever though. Mostly recipes and kid artwork. :paperbag:

I guess all of those happened AFTER having kids! I don’t think I can really blame them though. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a pizza for our kids when they were younger and when I was taking it out of the oven it slipped off the pan onto the floor. The sauce went everywhere and needless to say the kids were very disappointed. :frown:
Done that. Who hasnt?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve had a bottle of olive oil drop on the kitchen floor, a casserole dish of sauce do a slip splash trying to get it out of the over-the-range microwave (saved from true disaster; it didn’t drop and break itself or my glass stovetop), and one time I tried to gulp coffee and cough at the same time. I don’t know what was the worst of those. Dawn cleaned my floor. The sauce splattered but eventually I stopped finding new spots. Most of what was on the side of my fridge will bear the coffee spray forever though. Mostly recipes and kid artwork. :paperbag:

I guess all of those happened AFTER having kids! I don’t think I can really blame them though. :lol:
I was just going to mention eating popcorn,drinking a bottle of coke while sneezing

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I was taking the sugar canister off of an upper shelf, it slipped out of my hands, hit the counter, the lid popped off, it hit the floor and sugar went spraying everywhere. Maybe three or four pounds worth. I swept, I vacuumed but it found crevices, drawer edges, inside drawers, under everything and some even tracked to other rooms. Took several weeks before I quit finding sugar.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I should share my husband’s!

He was making a pot of hard boiled eggs and stepped out into the garage for a minute. And forgot about his eggs! I came in to find the pot completely out of water and getting hot. I found him out there and he ran back in and I guess his first instinct was to cool them down. Big mistake. They went *boom* and there was egg everywhere from the ceiling down. :lol:

No one was hurt so we can just pretend it was a science experiment right?:lol:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I should share my husband’s!

He was making a pot of hard boiled eggs and stepped out into the garage for a minute. And forgot about his eggs! I came in to find the pot completely out of water and getting hot. I found him out there and he ran back in and I guess his first instinct was to cool them down. Big mistake. They went *boom* and there was egg everywhere from the ceiling down. :lol:

No one was hurt so we can just pretend it was a science experiment right?:lol:
My DH's was epic too. When he first moved out of his parent's house his mom bought him some pots & pans. He had a glass baking dish that was not supposed to go on the stove. He decided he wanted to make ramen and used that dish so onto the stove it went. It EXPLODED. It sounded like a gunshot and there was glass and water everywhere. It wasn't his fault though. The dish was defective. :flail:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It wasn't really epic, but it was kind of funny. Our DS and DGD spent the day with me baking Christmas cookies. My kitchen isn't all that big, but it is big enough that we can all have our own work spaces. But we were all gathered at the cookie sheets of cut-outs waiting to be decorated with frostings, sprinkles, red-hots and teaberries.

DS opened the container of teaberries. As the container opened, he hit my arm and teaberries went everywhere. Everywhere! On the cookies, on the counter, on the floor. They rolled under the stove, under the fridge. We looked at each other and I started laughing. We got the broom out and swept what we could. After they left that night, I got the vacuum cleaner out and got under the stove and fridge.

But we found teaberries for months! They were under the hutch, which is over on the other side of the kitchen. I found them under the microwave. Tabby played with them.

Alas, that was my last batch of teaberries. And I've never been able to find them again bc the manufacturer stopped making them.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Ah, the Coconut in the Vitamix incident. :lol: I was trying to make my own coconut water but didn't put the lid on the Vitamix on tightly enough before I started the machine. I was finding little bits of coconut around the kitchen for days, even inside the cupboards.

IMG_4413.jpeg

Binxie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This happened years ago. Some canned cat foods have sort of a gel in them, I like to have that gel liquify before feeding so I put a can on a very low heat on the stovetop. I left the kitchen for something, I don't remember what, maybe the doorbell or phone and shortly thereafter heard a pop, the can exploded and there was cat food everywhere including on the ceiling 🤣. I thought how stupid that was of me not to at least open the can a bit before putting it on the stove so the pressure would not build up. 😵

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dropped a gallon of milk that I just bought when I was trying to put it in the basement fridge. I was a teenager (my sister and I did the grocery shopping for our parents) and I know I did not clean it up as well as I should have, so you know what happens with that. 😬

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, thought of another one that absolutely tops my sugar in mess and longevity. I probably already posted this at some point but it is so mess worthy I just have to report. Years ago “friendship” starter dough was a thing and it did make wonderful bread. One summer my sister gave me a Tupperware container of it and I set it on my backseat when I left her house. And then I forgot it there. Closed container, hot sun, rising agent in the dough blew the lid off and dough went everywhere . I could clean the windows and the floor but that dough seeped into the upholstery and no matter how much I cleaned every time you opened the car door for YEARS later you got it’s disgusting sour smell. Makes me almost wretch to think about it.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I can’t decide
I’ve had two pretty memorable messy moments. Amusingly they are both alcohol related.

One was similar to the sourdough left in the car… only for us it was a bottle of wine. The bottle had rolled under the driver’s seat from the back, and stayed there long enough to go bad. Summer temps reach a good 115-120, which created pressure, and eventually pushed the cork out. One day we opened the car to a wave of vinegary wine smell, and even after finding the cause and cleaning with a wet vac, it was a long time before that smell dissipated.

Secondarily, there was a time when I was making my own ginger beer. And as anyone who has tried home fermentation can tell you, there is a phase where you let the liquid ferment, but you have to keep an eye on the pressure and release it. There are guages and systems that can do this automatically, but if you don’t have such a thing, you have to do it manually. I’m sure you can guess what happened. I heard a loud pop/bang from the other room, went to investigate the closet I had stored my fermenting bottles, and found a disaster. Sticky ginger beer all over everything in the closet. I still occasionally find spots on the walls that I missed in the clean up.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was making a double batch of KD. As I was shaking the bags to get the cheese powder to the bottom of the bag to rip the top off, the bottom seam popped open. Cheese powder went EVERYWHERE, including all over me. Had to yell for my husband to get me the vacuum because I couldn't move without cheese powder spreading. After a long, long bout of laughing...he finally got the dang vacuum.

The compost bag ripped as I was bringing it out to the bin for garbage day. That was a disgusting mess to have to clean up. A weeks worth of food waste just splattered on the floor.

I dropped a large half full can of coffee grounds...that was fun :rolleyes2:. But I didn't just drop it....nooo....I dropped it on the edge of the counter so the impact made it spin and the contents flew several feet in several directions.

One time I made spaghetti for dinner and as I was bringing my husband his plate, I guess my momentum was fast and the abrupt stop to place it on the table made it so the plate stopped...but not the spaghetti...it slid off the plate and landed on the floor, right at my husband feet. Thankfully I had made extra, so he was still able to eat dinner.

I'm sure I have more...I'll come back if I think of any.

Gunther4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Making pierogis with daughter, daughter in laws, sisters and granddaughters -made about 1200 of them and there was flour everywhere. Took about 2 weeks to get it out of the floors. But they were good. (Large family everyone took home about 10 dozen) and some for others who weren't able to help out with making them.