Whats the weather where you are?

lucat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's been sunny & warm here in upstate NY all week-in the upper 50's-today is partly cloudy-we normally have snow on the ground by now-we live near a big ski area who had hoped to open this weekend-didn't happen-even the snow they've been making isn't staying except right at the top of the mt.-I'll take the warm & sun saves on heating bills

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's SNOWING here, which is unusual for November! We usually get one snow in January but it doesn't always stay on the ground. It's been snowing for almost three hours with more snow predicted for tomorrow.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what's wrong with the rest of the world but it's cold and snowy here!

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Jeez!!! All your warmbodies!
Here in Edmonton it is a balmy -24 C (-13F)
There is at least 6" of snow on the ground. Lots of ice...Im staying inside!!!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The weather has been BEAUTIFUL the past few days, in fact Thanksgiving was WONDERFUL weather!!
Today on the other hand is nice out, but rather cloudy and windy.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we are in an extended Indian summer!!!
It has been in the low 50's (F) for several days. The normal is 38F (about 4 to 5C) However a cold front is coming with rain turning to snow by Wednesday night. I did get lots of stuff done outside that I usually do not do this time of year though. We haven't had to have any heat on since Thursday but DH started a fire tonite.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay.. over half of Canada is under a severe weather watch/warning, except for 1/3 of Yukon, Nunavut, 2/3 of Quebec, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, and Nova Scotia.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's been a major dump of snow all over BC, and I gather more to come later in the week. Here in "Lotus Land", we often go all winter with none, or just a dusting or two. What we got over the weekend (starting Saturday afternoon, through the early morning hours today) would do us several winters, with loads sufficient to bring down tree limbs (one in our front yard -- I was out shovelling the sidewalk when it came down), power lines and trolley lines (a good chunk of our busses are trolley). UBC is closed due to a campus-wide power outage. There are school closures all over the place, main roads seem to have been reached by ploughs and salting trucks, but side streets are a nightmare, and the reports about highways are mixed.

Up the Valley, they've had 20 inches in some places. We have about eight in our back yard. I know that doesn't sound like much to people who live in "snow country" -- I grew up in Montreal, so I do know about snow -- but when it's not the norm, you can't justify the expense of being prepared for it, and people just don't have the "snow smarts". Over on the Island, I gather there are places where they're telling people just to stay off the roads.

Mother Nature must really be POd at us. This stuff comes just as a twelve-day boil water advisory is lifted -- that was caused by massive mudslides into our three reservoirs, thanks to record rainfall (by the middle of November we had already had more than a normal rainfall for the whole month). I would not want to be trying to sell someone on the advantages of living here the last few weeks. Thank God this is distinctly not normal!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

Okay.. over half of Canada is under a severe weather watch/warning, except for 1/3 of Yukon, Nunavut, 2/3 of Quebec, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, and Nova Scotia.
I think I'm in that 1/2, LOL I heard on the news that we're going to be getting a storm tonight and tomorrow
Glad I had the brains to go and pick up some food yesterday, LOL

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I think I'm in that 1/2, LOL I heard on the news that we're going to be getting a storm tonight and tomorrow
Glad I had the brains to go and pick up some food yesterday, LOL
This storm will be absolutely dreadful. My school is waaaay on the other side of town and you have to go up and down 2 big hills and across a bridge to get there. That should be fun..

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today it was sunny here and in the 70's. It's a little warm here for the time of year. One day it will be really cool and the next really warm like today- the weather has been going crazy here all week and making everyone sick. The end of this week is supposed to be chilly here, so who knows

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

The weather here in Canada is going nuts too. Today we're going to have 11 degrees, it should be sub zero this time of year.
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Ours is the same as yours...12 degrees celsius and sunny as can be
I am half way between you guys so same here, usually it would be way colder by now and I have to say I am enjoying the nice weather

Originally Posted by Moz

I guess they forgot to tell Ontario the storm was coming
even more North at the cottage we aren't supposed to get more than flurries for the next two weeks - but I am sure that will change

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It was almost 60 degrees here today, but we have Monday Night Football on, and I can't believe it is snowing!!!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its supposed to be in the 40s here so let me tell you I will be freezing my hinnie ( Oh I don't have one) off I can't stand cold it was in the 80s almost 90s last week,,,Oh man I hate it. We had a little rain last night and this morning and I hope it doesn't rain again at all
I dont care of we need it I hate that worse then cold Brrrrr