What's the weather and temperature like where you live?? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Friday earthquakes in ocean near Campbell River  reaching  5.5-5.7   still in the safety zone

O degrees today  just started to snow expected 10-20 cm   we had a dump about a week ago

normally gone in 3 days  

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is 59 degrees outside. I woke up and turned the heat on because it was "only" 67 in the house. Roll your eyes all you want. I'm FREEZING right now. I have on a hoodie and DH's furry slippers. :cold:

I am a giant weather wimp. I admit it. :lol3:
I got 57 inside the house when I woke up this morning, middle layer of polar fleece, thick fleece jacket and warm pants, several wool socks required, I don't love the cold, but I must live trough the cold :lol3:

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now, early morning (6ish) it is -1 degree and clear. I am just happy I didn't check the temperature before I took the dog out and cleaned the snow off of the cars! We had a snowstorm Saturday and haven't gone anywhere since so needed to clear the snow before leaving for work.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've been on our typical Nebraska roller coaster, highs in the teens (F) ,lows one night down to 16 degrees below zero ( more typically 5-10 degrees below zero). Then a few days later highs in the 50's (61 today!)  and lows near 20. Then we start the cold again. I really don't mind the cold, I still like it better than 100 degree heat. The wind is what can make it miserable, with no wind it is pretty bearable. I just put on more layers of clothes, pretty soon I'll look like that little brother on Red Ryder BB gun movie in that snow suit!  

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It was 13 when Hannah was warming up and it's now 15 degrees F. Windy and cold and cloudy. I got to work and I cannot warm up. I just can't. My hands are like ice cubes. I've both heating registers on High in my cube and still freezing to death. We are not to get above freezing today. Walking at lunch should be fun. Not.

(Because of my plastic ceiling, once it does get warm in here, it will stay fairly nice. But since the heat's been off all weekend, it's going to take a while for my cube to warm up. Brrrrrrrrr)

swamplady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

It is 59 degrees outside. I woke up and turned the heat on because it was "only" 67 in the house. Roll your eyes all you want. I'm FREEZING right now. I have on a hoodie and DH's furry slippers.

I am a giant weather wimp. I admit it.
I got 57 inside the house when I woke up this morning, middle layer of polar fleece, thick fleece jacket and warm pants, several wool socks required, I don't love the cold, but I must live trough the cold
You + me both. I am a southern Louisiana girl. Anything below 70 is light jacket weather to heavy coat depending how cold it is.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Outdoor temps have been between 20F and 30F today, thankfully furnace made indoor temps back above 70, except below knee level where it is 54 degrees pretty much regardless of how much there is at shoulder level, cold floors.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
clear skys. 4 degrees at my house. I was actually cold last night on way home from work. I don't mind 30s but this is too much. furnace kicking on too much even at 62. brrrr! rain on wed/thur with high of 50?!

Jtbo=you need to set up a fan=blow the warm air from ceiling down to floor. just a small one. nothing big.

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is sunny and cold. We actually didn't get the snow event the forecasters were predicting. Living on the coast between two rivers, the situation has to be just right to get snow. We had a sprinkling over the sleet that came.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This sun is out but it's only 18 degrees!!  Brrr...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
The sun is out, but it was only 2 degrees when I got up!

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
19 when I left the house this am.  But....going to get up to 46 (predicted) today, then up to 68 Wednesday, and rain.  Crazy, crazy temps.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(Because of my plastic ceiling, once it does get warm in here, it will stay fairly nice. But since the heat's been off all weekend, it's going to take a while for my cube to warm up. Brrrrrrrrr)
They turn off the heat at the weekend? That makes no sense.

Currently 22 degrees, but not bad outside because there's no wind. Snow everywhere, but, mercifully, no ice so far.

Am currently watching Bloodline on Netflix, set in the Florida keys. Man, the light, the water, the plants down there look so beautiful.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They turn off the heat at the weekend? That makes no sense.

Currently 22 degrees, but not bad outside because there's no wind. Snow everywhere, but, mercifully, no ice so far.

Am currently watching Bloodline on Netflix, set in the Florida keys. Man, the light, the water, the plants down there look so beautiful.
The keys are gorgeous. The seven mile bridge is a pretty spectacular drive. 

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We drove to Key West so presume we traversed that bridge. It's hard watching Bloodline at the beginning of a long dreary CT winter.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We drove to Key West so presume we traversed that bridge. It's hard watching Bloodline at the beginning of a long dreary CT winter.
Yes you have then. 

Yeah I understand that. I've had more than my fair share of snowy winters. Never again. 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Much nicer here today,   High 50's, no wind.  

LOL...when I texted my elder son that we were expecting snow on Saturday (which did NOT appear, darn it), he texted back, "Enjoy.  I'm in Iceland right now."

Status
Not open for further replies.