What's the strangest animal you've ever touched?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zohdee

A hedgehog. They are the cutest darn creatures.
They are very cute

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by goonie

i got to hold a baby Tiger on my lap
Lucky!!!!!!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I babysat an orphaned Barbary Ape a few times! He'd been rescued in Africa and brought here to enter a primate shelter nearby. He was still too young, though (just a few weeks), so the shelter's founder was keeping him in her house.

He had yellowish-greenish fur and a tiny, cute little face, and when I first met him, he came scampering right up my body to sit on my shoulder. After contemplating me for a moment, he kissed my cheek and ran away!

This is what he looked like, though I think this little guy is not quite so young:

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-6303...ackground.html

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got to give an elephant a bath at our zoo a couple years ago. I wonder what I did with those pictures. Anyway, got more water on me than her! Also got to pet a rhino--very briefly...

jan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A shark. A very small one in an open tank at an Aquarium. It didn't feel at all like you imagine it would, all smooth and slippery. It was bristly, in fact my small (at the time) son said it felt like "Grandad's whiskers". Like a man who hasn't shaved for a couple of days.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

You're kidding me! Where, when and how??
There is a fishing town in Sorsogon Province, Philippines. Whale sharks seem to appear in droves between February and May. A group of us hired a local fisherman to get us as near as possible to the creatures. We are not allowed to touch the whale sharks but the boat was able to get just above the shark. When I jumped in the water, the whale shark suddenly turned around and swam straight at me. Before it swam deeper, I was able to touch his head.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

My ex-husband
I nearly died laughing--I didn't see that one coming!

I once rode an elephant, so I guess that counts as "touching". I've also held snakes and pet mice.

I wish I could find the cute pix of DH feeding Pepsi to a monkey in Central America. He was in the Marine Corps. They had a cute little monkey that hung around, and it loved Pepsi. DH always goes on about how he dislikes monkeys (though I know he'd never harm one). Well, imagine my surprise when I found those pix of a very happy hubby, grinning from ear to ear, FEEDING A MONKEY FROM A PEPSI BOTTLE! :-) I always tease him about that!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Other than my big cats, I get to pet my friends tiger and have worked with lion and tiger cubs and other wild cats. But one of my most memorable experiences, was when I got up close and personal with some cheetahs. Was able to pet, hold and even give them kisses. Not strange, was a pure awesome!!