What's The Sickest You've Ever Been?

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had strep throat and let go too long and was having hallucinations by the time I got to emergency. I guess that was the sickest. I have other problems but don't get sick much, I don't get colds even.

mrsd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In 2002, I had a paper cut on my index finger.

Okay, seriously, you all have been some very sick people.
I really hate to post my little bouts with sickness.

The worst I ever felt is when I came down with strep throat (high fever, chills, miserable, felt like I was dying.) And after delivering my first son, I was anemic because I lost so much blood. My levels came back up, but I was weak for awhile.

mrsd

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrsd

In 2002, I had a paper cut on my index finger.

Okay, seriously, you all have been some very sick people.
I really hate to post my little bouts with sickness.

The worst I ever felt is when I came down with strep throat (high fever, chills, miserable, felt like I was dying.) And after delivering my first son, I was anemic because I lost so much blood. My levels came back up, but I was weak for awhile.

mrsd
We DO sound like a bunch of Typhoid Marys.

When I was a kid, my brothers and I passed around strep throat, every year. My last bout, was when I was 19 and I caught it from a boyfriend (fortunately, that's ONLY bug that I ever caught from a boyfriend!)

At 15, I had strep, mono AND tonsillitis, at the same time. I really didn't feel sick but, Mom quarantined me in my room , anyway. At 46, I STILL have my tonsils, though.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now I just remembered, I had gastroenteritis - wasn't funny, was as sick as a dog for a couple of weeks afterwards.

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The sickest I've been is when I had food poisoning in 2002 & 2001. Having that is the worst and hope I NEVER EVER have it again.

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thinking about it, I wasn't considering chronic illnesses.

The absolute worst time of my life was had before I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia, and was lightheaded, emotional, and chonically depressed. I passsed oput in the middle of hudson belk, and well.. that's how we found out. I fell out on the middle of the hallway, and didn't get up. next thing I knew I was in a hospital :/ But i didn't feel sick is the thing.. just.. depressed, confused, and stressed.

chelle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in "96" when i had food poisoning while i was 5 months pregnant with
my daughter.

We ate at Boston Market and i got sick from the potatoes
needless to say i wont ever eat there again