What's the most expensive thing your cat has damaged? Henry broke our toilet...

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If there's earphones - Eden's gonna eat them!

Mine have destroyed a variety of things. I like to thank Squishy for spraying to the point that the bathroom paint was yellow & I had to repaint. Oh & he did the basement in. Carpet - walls - furniture....yep he spayed it all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh! How could I forget my 2 laptop chargers at $60 each...

(Mattie likes to chew cords. Most of the cords in our house are wrapped in conduit. It's my fault for leaving the laptop charger out.)

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bella has decided that my leather tote bag is a good scratching surface...this in spite of trimmed claws, a near forest of posts and cardboard boxes

She is so lucky to be loved...she also clawed at a pleather ottoman...then I put double sided tape on it (which cured her but didn't completely come off)...not sure what's worse, sticky/hairy furnature, or scratches

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Itty Bitty jumped up on the mantle and knocked down and antique frame and the frame crashe onto a glass table that was under the mantle....she cut her lil paw trying to flee the scene and got blood on my rug

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When my three were kittens they were bad about chewing on just about anything they could get into their mouths. One evening DH and I came home to find that they had almost completely severed the cable on our computer monitor. Thankfully, my hubby is pretty electronically inclined and was able to splice the wires and salvage the monitor.

chapperice

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Simon hasn't damaged much yet (aside from a cardboard box) but he likes to walk off with things and hide them. He keeps trying to steal my tablet pen. I've given him my old tablet pen to play with instead. He doesn't do anything with it, just picks it up, puts it somewhere and walks away.

Can't lose the newer one, though xD; so I keep that one away from him.

calismom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
guardian is so mellow he has never destroyed anything but cali has:

eaten 12 pairs of ear buds
ripped up an entire corner of my carpet in my apartment
shredded both arms of my couch
sliced open a screen when she was in heat
ripped down all the horizontal blinds in my apartment
pulled all the down out of my last blanket
sliced open aries's nose(last week)
shredded so many rolls of paper towels I lost count.
had problems potty training and urinated in every corner
spilled red koolaid on my carpet (hid it under a rug)
chewed a corner of said rug.
broke 3 vases, two bowls, and 9 cups.
knocked potted plants off my shelves until I decided to hang them from the ceiling.
jumped from bookshelf on to said hanging plant and pulled the hook from the celing along with a whole bunch of plaster.
BUT the best of all is she knocked over my husbands 42 inch plasma t.v onto a glass table and shattered the table. Thank god the t.v was ok.

sigh i love her

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The most expensive thing one of our cats has damaged was the vet! We didn't have to pay for it, but he did require 12 stitches. We all laugh about it now....

Laurie