What's the Most Dangerous Thing You Ever Did?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would have to say the most stupid and dangerous thing I did happened over 2 years ago when I did not pay attention to my then young colt. He was eating and had his head down into the grain pan and I had forgotten to add his supplements to this grain. So I hot-footed it over to the barn, got his supplements, went back and standing over him, I leaned over and poured the supplements in this pan. He spooked (of course) reared up and his head connected in the middle of my forehead. I woke up in the ER and had a massive concussion, two black eyes, and headaches that went beyond horrendous for at least a year afterwards. Dumb....dumb...and very dangerous.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lsurie, After the Bhopal incident you're lucky to be alive! How close we have all come..

About the riptide. The same summer as the huge wave hit me, I was caught in a riptide which was pulling me towards a rocky area that jutted out into the ocean. I had heard that swimming against it was futile, but that we should swim across it. I did that. It was very difficult at first, and to make matters worse, the lifeguard (on whom I had a gigantic crush) sat and blew his whistle over and over while I was almost helpless! As busy and frightened as I was, I kept thinking, "Can't you do anything other than blow that darned whistle?" I did manage to swim across it and in to shore, feeling like a drowned rat. He grinned. So, Joe, if you're reading this, thanks for nothing! My close encounters all seem to have occurred in the water, don't they?

p.s. Isn't the Grand Canyon glorious- beyond description? The English language, comprehensive as it is, lacks the words to describe the feelings I had when I saw it. The entire Southwest impressed me greatly.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jeanie, as you know by know I've traveled a lot. But that trip was one of the most memorable and incredible trip I've ever had. I've been to Macchu Picchu, back-packed in Bolivia, Costa Rica, India... I've seen incredible Churches and temples, the Taj Mahal... The Frasier Mountains in BC, been through the Rockies and of course Yellowstone - but nothing beats the Grand Canyon. You're right - it's beyond the words we have to describe it.