What's the latest that most vet clinics will abort?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Umerwhat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Another question occurred to me. I think Ella will let me touch her kittens given a little time and effort. I suspect Elizabeth will try to constantly move them if I touch. I really don't want to crate them if I can avoid it. I was lucky the first time I dealt with newborns, the mama was fine with me handling them until the kittens cried. Any tips or ideas to work around the more feral mama? I've tamed quite a few ferals, but I usually do it across a couple months. I'm afraid with Elizabeth I have 2 weeks, if that.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Didn't realize that glucose was better for this. Going to look into getting some. What would be the typical ratio of glucose to water for giving to kittens in an emergency?
I use to say, so you barely feel the sweetness. A tea spoon in a coffe cup? If you add more its not harmful, its just perhaps the kitten wont want to drink.
And here is one point with glucose sugar proper; you may add more glucose than honey, and its still barely sweet...

Another example is making homemade pedialyte. Mix and boil gluxose sugar + minerale salt with water...

works for humans too if they have vomiting flu...

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Another question occurred to me. I think Ella will let me touch her kittens given a little time and effort. I suspect Elizabeth will try to constantly move them if I touch. I really don't want to crate them if I can avoid it. I was lucky the first time I dealt with newborns, the mama was fine with me handling them until the kittens cried. Any tips or ideas to work around the more feral mama? I've tamed quite a few ferals, but I usually do it across a couple months. I'm afraid with Elizabeth I have 2 weeks, if that.
Begin with handleing Ellas kittens, make sure they dont have cause to cry... (have a cloth on the scale, so it doenst feel cold. Maybe an IR warming lamp will help?). When Elisabeth sees kittens and Ella are OK, it should be easier with Elizabeths kittens too...