What's the last thing you ate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made some energy balls. They are made from dates, peanutbutter and cocoa powder. I rolled them in almond meal. I had one. I would like more ;)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Lean Pockets. I'm serious. I lived on Lean Pockets the entire weekend. I was so hungry for something, for anything, and I knew that once I would start, I wouldn't stop. Lean Pockets it was. (And I don't even like them that much.)

Drinking my morning coffee now.

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I forgot my home made yogurt which I like so much better than store bought yogurt. Brrrr..... So I ate fake krab salad....
(Seemingly overnight about four months ago I became lactose intolerant so I now make yogurt with lactose free milk.)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot my home made yogurt which I like so much better than store bought yogurt. Brrrr..... So I ate fake krab salad....
(Seemingly overnight about four months ago I became lactose intolerant so I now make yogurt with lactose free milk.)
do you make your homemade yogurt using a crockpot? that's how i make mine. it's not that you use the crockpot to cook the milk/etc, it's that the mixture sits in the heated crock (removed from the crockpot base) wrapped in a thick towel for 7-9 hours.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Canned spghettii and meatballs.  I have no idea how many I have had in last few days...14?  My husband had to make the run last night as I was to embarrassed to go back to buy more. Then he called to tell me they were out and I about cried.  But he was looking for rings and mini meatballs.  LOL

I HAVE to go look for those cookies.  I see a new trend coming to my diet though...:p

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Mint chocolate ice cream sundae.  Scoops of vanilla ice cream, mint ice cream, chocolate sauce, mint sauce, mini marshmallows, cream, and wafers on top for good measure.  
   And yes, I did finish it.  It was a dirty job but someone had to do it...  and now I should be eating something savoury for my tea but I'm too full with ice cream. 

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom Yes, I use a crockpot to make my yogurt--I actually heat the milk in the crockpot.
Once the milk has cooled I add the starter, and put the crockpot back into the base, then wrap the whole device in two heavy blankets. Incubate for around six to eight hours.
Sometimes I turn the crockpot back on (low setting) for about five minutes to maintain the temperature at around 100 to 110 degrees. Now that it's getting cooler, I think this is going to be more important.
I've only had one failure in the three months I've been making yogurt, and that was due to user error--I forgot to turn off the crock pot...
Much cheaper than store bought lactose free or regular yogurt. (six ounces of lactose free milk is $1.70 where I live) I was pessimistic whether I'd like homemade yogurt--I typically ate two servings of Fage greek yogurt (plain) a day. But now I don't really like any kind of store bought yogurt, and haven't liked flavored yogurt for years.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@mickNsnicks2momYes, I use a crockpot to make my yogurt--I actually heat the milk in the crockpot.
Once the milk has cooled I add the starter, and put the crockpot back into the base, then wrap the whole device in two heavy blankets. Incubate for around six to eight hours.
Sometimes I turn the crockpot back on (low setting) for about five minutes to maintain the temperature at around 100 to 110 degrees. Now that it's getting cooler, I think this is going to be more important.
I've only had one failure in the three months I've been making yogurt, and that was due to user error--I forgot to turn off the crock pot...
Much cheaper than store bought lactose free or regular yogurt. (six ounces of lactose free milk is $1.70 where I live) I was pessimistic whether I'd like homemade yogurt--I typically ate two servings of Fage greek yogurt (plain) a day. But now I don't really like any kind of store bought yogurt, and haven't liked flavored yogurt for years.
i prefer the homemade yogurt over store bought too. the recipe i use uses honey as the sweetener and some vanilla extract, but the yogurt isn't so much sweet as it is not tart (like plain yogurt typically is). i don't make homemade yogurt often, because i prefer to use milk that hasn't been frozen -- i currently shop once every two months, but next spring/summer i will start shopping often enough that i'll be able to buy milk that i won't need to freeze and can make homemade yogurt all the time.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had some green grapes yesterday that were "cotton candy grapes". It was bizarre! They looked like normal green grapes, but they smelled and tasted of cotton candy. It was pretty good!

The last thing I had was a chocolate Rosebud.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had some green grapes yesterday that were "cotton candy grapes". It was bizarre! They looked like normal green grapes, but they smelled and tasted of cotton candy. It was pretty good

The last thing I had was a chocolate Rosebud.
I love cotton candy - candyfloss in England. Lovely sounding grapes.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pwth pwth pwth.... :cringe:    If I so much as think
Mouse has had his furry face in my glass of water it has to be poured away. :lol3:    

Steak pie and mash for tea, then failed miserably at having a healthy evening by munching my way through a Bounty. :yummy: :anon:
LOL

funnierthanme

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The other day I ate generic cheerios, but today I ate a bowl of tomato soup.  So-o-o-o-o nutritious.  I want a steak!

Status
Not open for further replies.