Not open for further replies.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Pupusas
what are Pupas?
sorry if I sound ignorant...just not in my vocabulary....thanks
Pupusas are an El Salvadorian dish. Hard to describe them. The outside part is made of masa (like the outer part of a tamale). Except it's flattened like a pancake and stuffed with other things. In my case, cheese and refried beans. You put hot sauce and this cabbage mix on top of it. It's soooo good.

Last thing I had today - crackers with cream cheese and raspberry jalapeno jelly (at the shelter event). Someone had made up several batches of the jelly to sell at the event, and they had a jar open for people to try it. It was SO GOOD. I didn't think I'd like it, but I did so much, I bought a jar. They had one that was just jalapeno too, which was also good, but preferred the raspberry jalapeno.

Oh, and had some wine. I paid for three of them (small cups) and then one of the guys there paid for the fourth. He was one of the "callers" so to speak for the raffle since he could speak without a microphone! His main thing was to get everyone's attention, and another lady (the wife of the one in charge of the wine stand) called the winners.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Donutte,

Sounds and looks delicious!!

kind of like: my kind of food...without all the heat!!!  
LOL  I am a wimp! 

so glad you belong to a shelter.. I will be, soon.. just trying to get my retraining in...if it does not snow again,  do not have a previously scheduled appointment or if Artie is not recovering from the Vet..sigh...

I do plan on taking my clothes off as soon as I get in my front door; dumping the clothes in the washing and proceeding directly to the shower--for me...to wash off any and all possible contaminants...sigh..so many things to think about..

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
so glad you belong to a shelter.. I will be, soon.. just trying to get my retraining in...if it does not snow again,  do not have a previously scheduled appointment or if Artie is not recovering from the Vet..sigh...

I do plan on taking my clothes off as soon as I get in my front door; dumping the clothes in the washing and proceeding directly to the shower--for me...to wash off any and all possible contaminants...sigh..so many things to think about..
Wouldn't say I belong there per se, but rather I want to make sure they are able to stay open. They fell on hard times last year and now are just struggling to stay open. I've even been trying to get a charity show together for them (but that's a lot harder than I thought). So I do what I can, going to the events. There's another one the Sunday before St. Patrick's day at a brewery. I can probably get a lot of people I know to get to that one lol.

Maybe one day I'll be able to volunteer. It's a bit of a ways away. Well, not horribly far, just further than I'd normally go on a regular basis. But I've thought about volunteering there for awhile now.

mommawolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A slice of bread last night. I'm sipping coffee about to check to see if the bacon is thawed. I can't wait for bacon pancakes!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm in the middle of eating Asian style tofu with rice and spinach with a side of roasted sesame broccoli.  There's little to no sauce in any of it - it's a pretty light dish. Tasty!

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm in the middle of eating Asian style tofu with rice and spinach with a side of roasted sesame broccoli.  There's little to no sauce in any of it - it's a pretty light dish. Tasty!
That sounds pretty awesome to me. Especially the broccoli. YUM!! 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
chicken noodle soup, colby-jack cheese and crackers, a few spoonfuls of homemade chunky cinnamon applesauce, and three lemon sandwich cookies -- my lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.