What's the habit you're proudest of breaking?

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

What have you noticed about this, any changes in your health or your family's health?
I lost 20 lbs. because of the change in diet. I didn't eat bad food before, though, my diet has always been pretty healthy, but now I am super-strict because it helps me with my autoimmune problems and I have not been sick as much.

My husband lost some weight, too, and inches also but he has been working out six days a week for two years. He swims 2-3 kilometers three days a week and works out with weights the other three. Our daughter has stayed slim when most other kids her age have started putting on pounds... I do yoga and pilates sometimes... I'm not very strict about it, though. I walk a lot but hate other exercise!

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quit smoking. I never ever thought I would be to the point where I would be sick to my stomach at the thought of smoking. I even went out and had a few drinks the other night and didn't get a pack of smokes. First time EVER.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I stopped and helped all of my family stop the habit of eating their entree first when we go out to dinner, now we eat the dessert first, as it should be.
Pam I love that idea!!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

What's the habit you're proudest of breaking?

For me, it is biting my nails.
Biting my nails too!

Although I do still bite the skin around my nails, and have really cut back because I want nice nails for the wedding! Its soooooooooooo hard...the hardest thing ever to stop doing it.

sparkie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Two things I'm most proud of --

1) Giving up caffeine - completely. No soda, no diet soda (can't drink it anyway, allergic to artificial sweetener), no coffee - just decaf. I discovered I liked the taste of coffee more than I liked the jitters from it. No more mid-day crash! Went from 6 cups a day of caffeinated to one of decaf.

2) This one makes me the most proud - getting off of a very addictive anti-anxiety medicine on my own. I was on it for 9 years because of panic attacks and one day I just decided I was in control and not the panic. I quit in October of last year and still have an attack every now and then but they're pretty rare.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kscatlady

Quit smoking. I never ever thought I would be to the point where I would be sick to my stomach at the thought of smoking. I even went out and had a few drinks the other night and didn't get a pack of smokes. First time EVER.
Congrats and keep up the good ,um strength

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It use to be biting my nails but now it's quitting smoking

Smoke free for 17 days

Ahhhhhhhhhh

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

LOL I do that! It actually keeps me from over eating b/c I don't feel like I HAVE to eat all my dinner before I can get my dessert!
That is a great point! I'll have to try it!

I'm most proud of breaking my habit of drinking soda as a water substitute.

siobhan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh God, I still nibble at my nails on occasion, lol (when I am stressed!) I never smoked though and I am not much of a drinker. I am however proud of the fact I have given up junk food - certain kinds like chips (I will still eat popcorn which I consider a gfood group, kidding) and and coca cola which gave me migraines. Now I stick to bottled water (strawberry) and sometimes a popscicle or eat Kashi cereal as a snack - the crunchy stuff.

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I quit smoking 5 years and 6 months ago, I quit when my Mother (R.I.P) was diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer.She was told she would live only 3 to 6 months but she held on for 3 years.I cannot believe I EVER smoked! I am scared ro even be around other people smoking.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I stopped using Afrin 2 years ago and it was actually really tough to quit. You get a little panicky when you can't breathe, because your sinuses are swollen shut.

The stuff is incredibly addicting and I used it daily for about 12 years. If you read the warning label on the bottle, it says not to use for longer than 5 days.

Guess I can't read.

I am proud and thankful I beat that habit/addiction.

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I still bite my nails from time to time lol. Ummmm well as a kid I sucked my thumb forever!! I think I quit in 3rd grade?? LOL it was a pretty big accomplishment!!
And when i ride my horse I dont have a hunch back anymore lol i sit up a lot straighter now!!!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Biting my nails....it has been a vicous cycle for years and finally I quit for good! I do nibble once in a while but I make myself stop and get a nail file
I plan on having beautiful french tips for my wedding

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

I stopped using Afrin 2 years ago and it was actually really tough to quit. You get a little panicky when you can't breathe, because your sinuses are swollen shut.

The stuff is incredibly addicting and I used it daily for about 12 years. If you read the warning label on the bottle, it says not to use for longer than 5 days.

Guess I can't read.

I am proud and thankful I beat that habit/addiction.
Good Job!
My ex was addicted to it also.