What's the best hiding place your cat has ever found?

meow_cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bets hiding spot my current two have ever found was....under a tv cabinat that we had no clue was hollow underneath we searched for hours for them! This was when they were still very young they had only been at our house a day!

My Rainbow cats the best hiding spot (according to my Dad) was in his old cowboy boots.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beck4582

Pepper does that - and our apartment is NOT big.
i live in a 2bed/1bath house - under 1000 square feet. don't know how they can hide from me, but they do!
my 1st cat, Medley, had a great hiding place in my 2nd apartment... i don't know where it was! i had moved in, & was unpacking & realized i hadn't seen her in a while. i couldn't find her ANYWHERE! i was sure she had escaped somehow, during the move - i sat down on the kitchen floor & just
&
... when, lo & behold, she came walking up to console me!
to this day, i have no idea where she had been.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure which has been the best hiding place. Jamie was just ten weeks old when we brought him home, and he found several. The first week he managed to disappear behind the radiator, under the TV cabinet, inside a duvet cover, and inside my husband's shoe.

One year he found a loose board in our attic floor, and disappeared under there for a couple of hours - we could hear him there, but couldn't get him to come out till he was done exploring.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

...It was too small for me to remove Harvey from it, so we had to wait for him to come out on his own. Then I blocked it off so he couldn't get in there again. Boy, was he mad.
Party pooper!

Great "hidey" stories.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boy, let me count the ways...
For Snickers it had to be on top of the cabinets in our laundry room. I figured out she would jump up on the counter then on to the top of our second refrigerator then on top of the cabinet. The boys took weeks to figure out where she would "disappear" to.
My RB boy, Tosh would hide in the bottom of a shelf that had several things in front of it. I even would look in the area and not see him.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by courtney_ou

as for chloe, her best hiding spot was in my sleep pants ---while i was wearing them.

I can just picture this! I hope you walked out of it "without a scratch"

As for my cats... there best hiding spot I havent discovered yet... it's one that always makes me wondered if they somehow slipped out of the house... but lo and behold they're always within nose distance and always come running for a fresh cracked can of food.

But one of their hiding spots is under my tub - and not an old fashioned clawfoot one either - no - a regular ole porcelain tub. There is a spot at the back of the tub, in my linen closet, that doesnt have any drywall... they get in there and under the tub. I can always tell when they've been in there as they come out all dusty.

I guess they make good feather dusters!

darly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Now it may seem obvious, but it took me a great deal of time to figure it out. My old cat Taz RIP used to go missing, I never look up, why should I when looking for a cat, the walls go all the way to the ceiling. Till the day the Cat fell on me off of the top of my bedroom door I never noticed, she would just lie up there, I don't know how she got up, but she figured it out lol. There are many hiding placed in my house, our basement is packed with them, we only have a picked like gate and railing, so the cat can always get down there. I never search, I know they cant get outside, so I don't worry.

purplerosesgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh, my baby's best hiding spot had to have been in the small box we had placed in my closet XD She managed to squeeze in there and we all panicked when we couldn't find her, but sure enough, late at night I heard a mewing and found she got stuck in the box in my closet XDDD

clumsy kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I used to live in a big old victorian house with my parents, four floors high. It was in pretty bad condition. Anyway one day my dad was on the roof (rather him than me!), about 30ft off the ground. Obviously he'd used a ladder. Anyway, he came down, was about to take the ladder away, but lo and behold, there was one of the cats on the roof, peering over the edge. She'd followed my dad up there to supervise. This is the same cat who stayed on my mum's car roof the whole way down the road. My mum assumed she'd get off, but she didn't. She's a tyke.

zooy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Morgan disappeared for hours, turns out she was in the cupboards... not in the cupboard itself but there was a hole in between the two on the top and she crawled in there and made herself comfy.