What's something really embarrassing you've done at work?

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I posted a thread before saying I'd just set fire to the kitchen today, but that's not the worst thing I've ever done!

When I worked in radio, I got an award for `Blonde of the Year' (I have black hair!) because I made two whopping errors one year. The first one, I left the ISDN lines to Melbourne open all weekend and the station was left to foot a bill of over $10000 (
) and the other one was when I put photo paper into our laser printer (not realising you were NOT supposed to do that!) and it all melted onto the roller and cost $2000 to fix!

I mean, I am pretty clumsy and generally a bit of a duffer anyway, but they were a bit full on!

What kinds of things have you done at work???

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At our firm holiday party back in December, I began the night feeling a little self-conscious because the dress I was wearing was a little low cut, so I began slugging back the drinks and had 3 or more in the first hour.

Needless to say I got loaded, hit on a couple of lawyers I know around my age, got hit on by a few older (married
) senior partners, and danced all night with the hot 20 y.o. who works in the mailroom, who wanted to hook up with me after.
But of course I was a good girl, and one of the lawyer friends I hit on took good care of me at the after party and he made sure I got home with my dignity... and dress... intact.

Yeah, I was the talk around the water cooler for a little while after... but who cares! Life's too short, and I looked foxy that night.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Once (which was enough
) I handled the "slide show" at a very important meeting of the CEO's. Well, all the slides were upside down.

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remeber a bit back some one was saying that her co wookers "meow" at her. be cuse she was so into her cats. My most emarassing thing is that i "meow" to my self. Every so often. I
\\]=

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One time I was working with a patient who recieved her bath sitting in her raised shower chair, and the shower had a hand held nozel. While I was rinsing her hair, the nozel slipped out of my hand and went wild! It soaked the entire bathroom, including me before I could get the water turned off. The Mom walked in just then, and there I was standing there dripping water in her bathroom that was soaking wet.
I wished I could evaporate myself into thin air.
It's sort of funny now, though!

One time when I was giving a baby her tube feeding via bolus, the tube slipped off the syringe, causing all that formula to pour out onto the baby and the bed. Of course, that was the moment the Mom came home before I could get my mess cleaned up. I was wishing I could hide under the crib.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, I said to a patient a few weeks ago, `Yeah, we're not very good at keeping things alive around here'. I was talking about a pot-plant that we had but it came out SO wrong!!!

crazycatnipper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I was a nursing student I worked at a large public hospital that was chronically short of funds and supplies. I was in my OB/gyn cycle and got on duty at 7am and was told to support a woman who was in early labor.

I asked her what I could do for her and she said she would like a sponge bath. Seeing the bath basin in the darkish room, I started to bathe her with the water the last nurse had left in it. We had a nice bathing session, and started to chat between contractions.

A little while later, she said she had to pee, and I looked around for a bed pan. I told her I couldn't find one and would have to go off the floor to get one from another wing. She replied, "Oh, that's ok. The last nurse couldn't find one either, so we've been usiong the bath basin".

Yep, that's right. It seems I bathed her in tinkle. Whoops!

After she had used the basin to relief, I told her she looked a little warm again, and bathed her with fresh water.

Needless to say, I learned from that mistake never to assume things in a hospital, and always follow protocols to the letter.

By the way, we ended up bonding during herlabor and delivery, and she gave the baby my name as its middle name.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

Actually, I said to a patient a few weeks ago, `Yeah, we're not very good at keeping things alive around here'. I was talking about a pot-plant that we had but it came out SO wrong!!!

Oh my gosh i just nearly pissed my pants

winwin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
At a company picnic in 1958 which was held on a narrow inlet about a mile long, one of the guys had his "speedboat" there with one of the "flying saucer" discs for playing around on, and I tried it, putting my knees on the back edge and holding the rope handle in both hands with my knuckles in against the turned-in rim on the edge of the saucer.

When he applied the power, my hands holding the rope were jerked into the "rim" at the same time my trunks were ripped down to my knees from the sudden takeoff and the disc came up to the surface and I was trying to get my hands free and also rocking back and forth, trying to turn the thing over, all to no avail as I was pulled by the entire office staff.

To say I was em-bare-assed would be an understatement.

At the same company at the CEO's 25th wedding anniversary, we threw his wife a surprise party, and we were all waiting outside and the CEO signalled us when she went upstairs to dress, thinking she and her husband were going out.

We quietly tiptoed in, carrying ice chests and platters of "finger food" and presents, and about then his wife yelled down, "George, if you want any p***y before I get this girdle on, you had better get up here !"

We quietly tiptoed out, carrying the ice chests and party trays, and as far as I know, his wife never knew of the incident.

Leonard

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by winwin

At the same company at the CEO's 25th wedding anniversary, we threw his wife a surprise party, and we were all waiting outside and the CEO signalled us when she went upstairs to dress, thinking she and her husband were going out.

We quietly tiptoed in, carrying ice chests and platters of "finger food" and presents, and about then his wife yelled down, "George, if you want any p***y before I get this girdle on, you had better get up here !"

We quietly tiptoed out, carrying the ice chests and party trays, and as far as I know, his wife never knew of the incident.

Leonard
did she ever get her party?

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These are so great!!...Winwin, you should be a writer if you already aren't

I also love the hospital plant one...

The most embarrassing thing I suppose I've done is FORGET to wear a bra one day.
I was late and had never before forgotten that in my life!..
I am not a "small" girl either.

I noticed it when I was running for my 2nd bus and didn't have time to go home..
I kept my jacket on all day...

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About 10 mins ago, I called my boss, dad!!!!

Oh we did have some laughs! (at my expense of course!)

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well for me, I fell off my chair a few months back, and for Susan/Rosiemac, I can guess. She fell and ripped her knickers in front of all the blokes!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not what I did, but what I almost did.......We have this really hunky UPS delivery guy, sweet man, but lord he makes my heart race! I was sitting at my desk a few years back, and I knew I was alone in the warehouse, it was almost time for lunch to be over when I heard the back door slam. I wasn't expecting any shipments or anything, so I assumed that it was my hubby coming back to work from his lunch break. I continued what I was working on, when he came and stood in the door waiting for me to finish... I ALMOST asked him "what do you want, honey?"....but thank God I looked up before I opened my mouth.....'cause it was Richard, our UPS driver, NOT Charlie!

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One day I came to work not realizing that I was wearing mismatching shoes!
Earlier that day I was trying on a black sandal and a brown sandal to see which looked better with my outfit then forgot to switch one and wear the matching pair!

Another time during a staff meeting, my old boss looked at me STERNLY and asked me right in front of EVERYONE...

"May I ask what you were doing with TWO GOOD LOOKING MEN in your office with the DOOR CLOSED for exactly 45 minutes?"

I was NOT expecting THAT and it really put me on the spot!
He really gave me a HARD time about that and everyone else started guessing what I was doing in the office with TWO MEN with my office door closed!

I fumbled to explain that they were friends and I needed to ask them a personal favor (about moving) and didn't want any interruptions so that's why the door was closed. I learned from that incident- NEVER CLOSE the door to my office if I'm alone with someone of the opposite sex! My co workers really watch what I'm doing!

big bad wolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had a meeting in our newest building and needed to use the restroom afterwards.

You guessed it - I walked into the men's bathroom.

It wouldn't have been so bad except my manager and a few other managers I knew were ... uh .. using the urinals at the time.

I screamed and ran out !

Funny, how fast that story spread ........

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ouuu! I know, I know!!! Once I had a long flowing skirt on (like a broomstick skirt, with a slip of course, went potty and stuck the back of the skirt in my hose. I walked through my department with my back side showing

dinahcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This happened just a few weeks ago...

I was making order forms for all of our Burger King stores.. It was quite a lengthy process of copying, writing the names of the stores on each form and then making 10 copies of each store's form. I did all of this, and sent the forms out to each store.. So... a couple of days later, I recieved an order for White City, one of the stores I had made forms for. Upon looking at the form, I realized that I had not written WHITE CITY on the form, instead, I had written... WHITE GIRL on the form.

I was SO embarrassed!!!

I had to bring this to the attention of my boss, who completely cracked up and said it was one of the funniest mistakes she'd seen, and that I needed to contact this store and tell them of the error and send out new forms to the store. SO, I called the store, who HADNT EVEN NOTICED THE ERROR. When I had her look at the form, SHe laughed so hard on the other end of that phone, she was SNORTING!!! She said, "OH MY GOD!! WHITE GIRL!!! THAT IS TOO FUNNY!!!!"

I was so mortified!!!
We all laugh about it now... and that store is known as "White Girl."