What's something good that happened in the last 24 hours? - 2017

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Time to bump this back up.

It's been more than 24 hours, but I'm still very happy about it. My niece's wedding went extremely well on Saturday. There were a lot of issues leading up to it, so I am thrilled.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My good thing has been more than 24 hours as well. My Vincie girl has been sleeping with
me for the past 10 days for the first time is years. She would sometimes start out with
the rest of us but then leave. It's lovely to have both my girls with me at night.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Mine is a weird one. I had some cows trample through my backyard yesterday and I'm very lucky they didn't break some of my garden ornaments. We went outside last night and realized they were inches from knocking over my bottle tree.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are sleeping on the same bed! That is extremely rareView attachment 196105
Your cats are beauties!! My Callie moved in with me 4 years ago. She was my neighbors cat and
didn't like their constant fighting, at times they were violent. They were cross at first but then
told me that they wanted Callie to be happy so that was that. But my Kirsten was not. It took
her a year and a half to accept her. Then one chilly, autumn morning, Kirs jumped on the chair
Callie was sitting in on the deck. She was cold and wanted big Cal's warmth. After that Kirs
would let Callie sleep on the bed with us. I miss Kirs soooo much.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I got the front yard all straightened up.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was my first day at the gym. My boyfriend has a membership and I go free as his guest. It's the only one close enough to both our homes that has an indoor pool. We both started out slow with ten minutes on the stationery bike. Then we hit the pool to swim and do water walking. It feels good to be moving after being sedentary for a long time.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday a close friend who has been going through a serious rough patch with her health and her husband's health told me I was her rock. I couldn't believe it, she has so many friends that I had no idea she felt this way. It took me by surprise and made me blush. :blush:

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went back to the gym, decided to only do 5 minutes on the bike since my legs were sore the first time. The treadmill went better with no pain from my stenosis like with regular walking. I did fifteen minutes on that and then ten repetitions with pulley weights for upper back and arms. One of the staff instructed me to start with 7 1/2 lbs. and increase to a heavier weight once that became too easy for me. I also did ten repetitions on the machine where you lean back to strengthen the lower back. It's not much but I'm a beginner, not used to doing any exercise.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was pleasantly surprised to find that the new prescription medicine my doctor prescribed is fully covered by the prescription drug coverage plan offered by the compnay I work for :clap: I paid exactly $0 for it :D I know the prescription drug plan fully covers medicines made by certain companies but I didn't realize that the medicine I was prescribed was one.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 That's wonderful! The way the prescription plans are now it's great when we can get a break on a medicine. Great news!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is a little over 24 hours, but I had part of my family over on Sunday and everyone mostly got along!
Family times can be so special.

Yesterday morning hubby plugged in the pressure washer, got on the screen porch and washed the porch screens, rolled down the blinds and washed them too. The concrete dust from the new paint job out there had settled on the screens. We haven't had a soaking rain so it was all still there. I have a wonderfully clean porch now with a new floor. The weather is cool, but nice with a blanket and a cat. ;)

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Found out I need a regulator valve on the water coming into the house. My home improvement guy wanted $375 to put it on. Called my home warranty company and they cover it for the $75 trip fee! It never hurts to ask! :woohoo:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Found out I need a regulator valve on the water coming into the house. My home improvement guy wanted $375 to put it on. Called my home warranty company and they cover it for the $75 trip fee! It never hurts to ask! :woohoo:
that's wonderful!! :clap: i have a home trust warranty too -- they're the best for peace of mind and unexpected repairs/replacements.

yesterday, the new thermostat got here! now just waiting for the precision (like used for screws on glasses, and other things with tiny screws) screwdriver set to arrive, then can install the new thermostat.