What's so great about Royal Canin?

jencat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wellness is a premium food. I wanted to try the kitten formula for my two but I could not find it locally untill recently. I feed some of their canned and pouches. My youngest two are Maine Coons also. My boy who is now 12 months had digestive issues as a kitten. He did really well on Innova dry. He had a lot of energy, a shiny coat, and no digestive problems. I liked the calories, fat, and protein for him because he was a runt. I tried By Nature at one point but it didn't go over so well. I wouldn't of hesitated to feed it though.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

Royal Canin is ok but as others have said, too expensive for what it is. I feed RC Persian mixed with Nutro. My cats also get a little EVO canned every day. I tried EVO dry and got smelly, stinky gas and runny stools. It's always amazed me how they do fine on EVO canned but not EVO dry. Maybe it's because they're only eating a small amount of the canned. If your kitten was doing well on RC Kitten then I'd hesitate to change it at this time. Or if you must, then do it very very slowly. (I would say that no matter what brand you were switching from/to.) Good luck!
The above is likely the best .. a mix of this and that ... those who have had senior kitties will tell you the MORE variety they can and will eat the better..

Ie Zoey eats 3/4 natural choice kitten 1/4 taste of the wild ... today poopy stunk well yesturday she got about 1/2 and 1/2