Whats really in pet food?

mickey4paws

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Pat,
Sounds like you're feeding a great diet. Just curious, what do you worm? I'm on a list with a lot of raw feeders and we don't worm our cats and don't have a problem. What are you worming them with and how often, may I ask?

patcatpet

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I use Felex Worm Paste for Felines. I wormed them every three months when they were kittens but now look for evidence of worms/parasites in the faeces and have not bothered. A lot of folk are concerned about parasites but I believe that a cat fed an appropriate diet for an obligate carnivore has enough active antibodies to overcome most problems. Scrupulous cleanliness is essential in preparation, and what is not eaten in 15 minutes goes back in to the fridge. They don't get any more until they "ask". I defrost naturally in the fridge.

We have not been cursed by flea or mosquitoes for some years now so I am not worried about parasites born by these insects.

patcatpet

mickey&meesha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cats were wormed as kittens at the shelter we adopted them from but I haven't wormed them since. I do have fecal exams and so far, they've been fine.