What's one positive thing you can say about the last 24 hours of your life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thankful that the radiologist didn't see anything on my upper GI this morning! Hopefully my throat thing is just bad GERD.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Got some errands run today and the grocery shopping done. The latter was a biggie, because stores here are closed Sunday, Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday and Thursday. They're going to be impossible tomorrow and Monday. It was bad enough today - I got there ten minutes after the store opened and had to drive around looking for a parking spot!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I received an unexpected gift at work on Friday. $100. I was truly shocked and pretty much speechless. 

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Last night we went out to a restaurant downtown where they were doing a benefit for the people who lost their homes in the forest fire we had this week down the coast from us (33 or so homes lost but fortunately no human lives).  It was also a friend's birthday so she had her dinner party in conjunction with the benefit.  It was a great time--lots of donations collected, I connected with friends I hadn't seen in years and even got out on the dance floor.  It was the first time I'd danced like that in--years, honestly.  Great time.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally got my kitchen painted. We have been wanting to do it since we moved in April but never got around to it.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
The woman at the plant nursery gave me a  free fern because it was 'looking a bit peaky'...

(She knows I'm a chronic plant rescuer...)

dagger311

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I did a new kind of workout, and didn't hurt myself in the process (Intense body weight muscle endurance training).

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night we went out to a restaurant downtown where they were doing a benefit for the people who lost their homes in the forest fire we had this week down the coast from us (33 or so homes lost but fortunately no human lives).  It was also a friend's birthday so she had her dinner party in conjunction with the benefit.  It was a great time--lots of donations collected, I connected with friends I hadn't seen in years and even got out on the dance floor.  It was the first time I'd danced like that in--years, honestly.  Great time.
Last night we went out to a restaurant downtown where they were doing a benefit for the people who lost their homes in the forest fire we had this week down the coast from us (33 or so homes lost but fortunately no human lives).  It was also a friend's birthday so she had her dinner party in conjunction with the benefit.  It was a great time--lots of donations collected, I connected with friends I hadn't seen in years and even got out on the
dance floor.  It was the first time I'd danced like that in--years, honestly.  
I'm glad you had a good time but sd I lublive vicariously through others, what did you eat?
If you pay attention it's a question I often.
:blush2:.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally got my kitchen painted. We have been wanting to do it since we moved in April but never got around to it.
Well it took less than a year. That's good. I've been wanting to do it for about 10 years. I can't see it ever being done.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it took less than a year. That's good. I've been wanting to do it for about 10 years. I can't see it ever being done.
Ours really needed it. The kitchen was half this hideous pinkish beige colour and half just primer. The part that was just primer was really dirty with food splatter from the person who used to live here. 

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I got home from work to find that my neighbor and his boys came over and finished my shoveling my drive way.  I had missionaries from the church and my neighbor help me with it Friday night, but after an hour and a half we could finally get my car in we decided to call it quits.  My hubby can't do it because he has severe asthma, and a bad back and bad knees.  It's hard for me to do it.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yesterday I got home from work to find that my neighbor and his boys came over and finished my shoveling my drive way.  I had missionaries from the church and my neighbor help me with it Friday night, but after an hour and a half we could finally get my car in we decided to call it quits.  My hubby can't do it because he has severe asthma, and a bad back and bad knees.  It's hard for me to do it.
lt's always heart-warming when neighbours come over to pitch in. l'm glad you have good ones.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

I'm glad you had a good time but sd I lublive vicariously through others, what did you eat?
If you pay attention it's a question I often.
The food wasn't much to write home about--what was important to me was what I posted about--the community coming together to help the fire victims; my friend's birthday, and dancing for the first time in years.  

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mogli hasn't demolished the Christmas tree (yet). I put it up yesterday and added some ornaments today, and he hasn't been half as bad as I'd expected.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ours really needed it. The kitchen was half this hideous pinkish beige colour and half just primer. The part that was just primer was really dirty with food splatter from the person who used to live here. 
Eeeew.
Did you use plastic paint so it can be wiped?

lokimonster

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Since I'm in the middle of trying to find a place to live by the 31st, it's nice to see some positivity in this stressful time!

My dad is visiting from Florida, and it just so happened our family friends came up to visit for Christmas (which is incredibly rare, they aren't people who travel, we usually go to see them). It had been years since they saw my dad, so it was really nice to catch up with everyone just like old times.

Status
Not open for further replies.