What's on your mind?

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by joecool

The next Christopher Paolini? Probably not, though i may be as good as he is, as a writer. Reading his books have inspired me to try to publish, because i always thought i had no chance. It's almost like a personal challenge, because he did it at like fifteen, but i am fourteen. In short, i will certainly try to get it published. Does anyone here own a big publishing corporation?
Actually, I hope you are better than he is because I wasn't overly impressed with his writing. *cringes in preparation for others jumping on* It's been a while since I read it but it was too.... I'm going to compare this to rocks because I have geology on the brain.

His writing was like sandstone, while Anne McCaffery's or Marion Zimmer Bradley (although she has her off books) is like a conglomerate rock. (A conglomerate has lots of different kinds of rocks of different shapes and sizes mixed in... sorry if I'm lecturing here...) Basically, his was one texture while the others went deeper and developed characters and the story and the motivation more IMO. (Maybe we should make this a different thread so we don't hijack,
)