What's on your menu today?

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Friskies Salmon canned, Eukanuba Hairball, Iams Hairball. Plus they usually get some cooked meat when I cook supper.

merlynn's mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Reading all these yummy meals makes one wish to be a spoiled little kitty. Aaah, the life of a cat - of course mainly speaking of those owned by thecatsite.com members.

Let's see.
Merlynn & Pico had Cal Natural and Orijen dry. We're switching to Orijen so they have a few more days with the Cal Natural.

Kink had 3 tbsp Nutro kitten.

For dinner, Kink will have more Nutro and the big kids will have 2 medallions each of Nature's Variety beef.

Funny thing is this. It's hard for me to find a canned food that Merlynn will eat. Turns out she loves Nutro kitten and doesn't mind finishing up the few pieces Kind sometimes leaves. And Kink doesn't mind nibbling on the Orijen. At least they're sharing.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Zoey natural choice kitten dry ... orijen dry for snack s... herring and sweet potato wet( natural choice )

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Riley had Merrick turducken for breakfast today. He will probably eat the 2nd half for dinner and maybe a little bit of Sheba Tuna for a treat. I'm trying to tempt the foster to eat wet, but so far, she only licked a little of the juice off the tuna.

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Roxie had Nutro Chicken and Liver wet for breakfast, Nutro indoor dry for lunch and she will have another scoop of the chicken and liver for dinner later on. We get 2 days out of one can.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LitterBoxQueen

My gang had ground pork and chicken necks.
You do know RAW pork is a BIG NO NO ...

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see .. Today they had Nutro Natural Choice Indoor dry for breakfast .. and tonight they split half a can of ProPlan Salmon and Rice .. They'll get the rest of the can before my boyfriend goes to bed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

litterboxqueen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

You do know RAW pork is a BIG NO NO ...
And why is that? I see it as no different from any other raw meat.

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very good thread idea!!

Spot and Poops requested a hearty helping of 9 Lives Sliced Chicken and Liver in gravy.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LitterBoxQueen

And why is that? I see it as no different from any other raw meat.
the FAT of PORK IS totally INDIGESTABLE and the PARASITE levals are high including a worm that can be tranmitted to other animals ( including humans) ... PLUS 90% of pork at the grocer has been treated with various preserving agents like nitrates and nitrites... Youll find 90-95% of Raw diets saying NO PORK or FISH... JUST TOO RISKY

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I know Im a little behind but oh well

Munchkin gets raw that Ive made for him, which is ground up chicken with liver and all that good stuff.
The rest of my gang get a mix of Purina UTI health and Chicken Soup light dry food...that reminds me, I need to switch back to regular instead of light food for the winter! And my dog gets Eagle Pack Holistic

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our local supplier of raw has medallions that have a significant amount of pork in them
he is usually quite knowledgeable about raw feeding and has never mentioned it, do you have more info?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Our local supplier of raw has medallions that have a significant amount of pork in them
he is usually quite knowledgeable about raw feeding and has never mentioned it, do you have more info?
Yeah somewhere I have the why no pork ...

In all the disiplines I have read only oriental medicine allows pork and that evan states COOK to INTERNAL temp of 160 ... I ask multiple vets ( ie conventional , mixed and holistic and all SAID NO to pork unless THROUGHLY cooked and evan then it wasnt recommended

Quick reading and google yielded this
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...99#post1997199

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

litterboxqueen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmm, I'll have to take a look at those websites. But, I have been feedig raw for years and never had a problem as well. As well, I am a part of a very knowledgable and experienced raw "group" and they feed raw pork regularly. I will look into the websites, however.

Today, the kittes got various duck pieces. What a treat!

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today for breakfast Felidae dry, for lunch EVO wet, and for dinner there will be a little more Felidae dry.

kittytales

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tonight the kitties got sardines with a side of Abady canned green tripe. Not their usual fare, but the fridge is EMPTY!

jazzybunny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Today Jasmine had Merrick's Grammy's Pot Pie canned for both lunch and dinner. She loves it! Yesterday she had Turkducken and tomorrow she'll probably have Southern Delight.