What's on your Easter menu?

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My son is bringing his family from two hours away to go to church with us. We call it Resurrection Sunday. Because they drive so far, I don't expect them to drive any further to get to where we live. I am going to cook my dinner and take it with me. I am having ham, collards, probably a sweet potato dish. I will do a dessert of some kind for them. Beyond that, I am not sure. I am just so glad to be seeing them. I think I have the best son in the whole world. :lol3: My little red headed grand kids are so special and his wife is a jewel. I am excited in case you can't tell. I can hardly wait. We will eat at the church and spend some leisurely time together before they go back home.
So I finally have it down to a fine science. I baked the ham last night. I have potato salad waiting. The grandchildren like corn and string beans. The local grocery has the green beans on sale this weekend so I will pick up some when I go for my haircut later today. I have a package of wheat rolls and a lemon pie for dessert. I haven't seen my kids since Christmas day and I am very excited to be seeing them tomorrow. Our son's birthday is also the 21st, which is Monday, so we will be celebrating his birthday too.:clap:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Those chocolate cupcakes look yummy! I'd take one.....or three!

Karen, we've not been able to grill outside yet this year. We planned it a couple of times, but the wind refuses to cooperate. I just looked out the window back here and it seems fine today. 

Oh, I just love potato salad! Happy Birthday to your son, Barbara!  

I made pickled red beet eggs yesterday. Iced tea is made (we seem to drink a lot of iced tea around here....I can't wait for the fresh mint to leaf out. I dearly love mint tea). I finally got the ham out of the freezer and it's thawing in the fridge. I took a quart of chunky applesauce out of the freezer, too, for tomorrow.

Tonight I'll make the cream puffs. And the Tangy Tomato Salad Dressing. Things are going well (so far).

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those chocolate cupcakes look yummy! I'd take one.....or three!

Karen, we've not been able to grill outside yet this year. We planned it a couple of times, but the wind refuses to cooperate. I just looked out the window back here and it seems fine today. 

Oh, I just love potato salad! Happy Birthday to your son, Barbara!  :bday:

I made pickled red beet eggs yesterday. Iced tea is made (we seem to drink a lot of iced tea around here....I can't wait for the fresh mint to leaf out. I dearly love mint tea). I finally got the ham out of the freezer and it's thawing in the fridge. I took a quart of chunky applesauce out of the freezer, too, for tomorrow.

Tonight I'll make the cream puffs. And the Tangy Tomato Salad Dressing. Things are going well (so far).
Sounds yummy, Pam. Oh, and I also have some chunky applesauce from the freezer for my meal tomorrow. Thank you for the Happy Birthday wishes for my son. I will pass it on.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I told hubby about how good the lemon coconut cake sounded. and look what that sweet man brought home for me!!  An Easter cupcake-- vanilla with lemon frosting and green tinted coconut on top!  (It had a peanut M&M 'egg' in the coconut nest, but I already ate that!)    

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooo that looks yummy Betsy!  I have lemon on my mind too.
  I'm going to try my hand at making lemon raspberry bars.  I'm looking for the motivation to make the potato salad right now.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really like lemon too.  I remember I didn't care for it when I was little probably had too much of a sweet tooth.  I really like a very tangy homemade lemon meringue pie too, I'm usually too lazy to stand at the stove and stir while the filling thickens though.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is the Passover meal the one that also has some ceremonial foods that include bitte
herbs and matzo eaten in a certain order?
[/quote

I'm so sorry. I've only just seen this.
Yes. Bitter herbs to remember the harsh life. Something else representing thecement used. There's other things but I don't remember what they symbolise.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Betsy, that looks gorgeous! I hope it was as delicious as it looks. I dearly love lemon....it's one of my favorites and the tarter the lemon is, the better. And a peanut M & M to boot....I'm telling you it doesn't get much better than that.

I made a chocolate and lemon tart one time. A regular pie crust with a layer of this sinfully rich chocolate, followed by a layer of lemon curd. Whipped cream and then I made a few chocolate curls for decoration, along with a couple lemon peel curls, too. I thought I died and went to heaven, it was that good. There's something about the tartness of lemon and the richness of chocolate. They make a good pair.

Everybody said the strawberry cream puffs were good. I didn't have any. Rick ate three of them. My MIL took two unfilled puffs home with her, along with some filling.