What's on the menu?

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm cooking:

Turkey w/ a honey mustard glaze
2 sweet potato casseroles (one with pecan and brown sugar topping and one with marshmallow)
Broccoli rice casserole
Deviled eggs
Stuffing
Cranberry sauce (homemade)
Green beans
Crescent rolls
Mashed potatoes

And for dessert:
Pumpkin pie
Chocolate cake
Peanut blossom cookies (w. the hershey's kisses)

I'm making all my desserts tonight, and maybe mixing up my casseroles so that I can spend more time with people tomorrow.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Turkey,stuffing,mashed potatoes,gravy,potato salad,corn,rolls,and 2 kinds of pie.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my as of right now 8:47 pm I have 1 dead turkey still in the wrapper, Stuffing stuff that isn't mixed yet, bread that hasn't been crunched
Sweet potatoes without the topping, potatoes in bag, veggies there somewhere, bread frozen, lets see yeah I'm pretty much not even close yet
But I said before I work so much better under pressure, stress and I'm not taking any bets that it will be done at any peticular time tomorrow
But who cares there's no one coming
I am doing it out of pure stubborneness <<< that may be spelled wrong. To prove that I can cook as much for 2 people as I do 15 go figure... But in the end I will be Full I guarntee that
Oh and the Pumpkin Cheesecake I already ate oh 5 or 6 pieces, so I should be up to a long night ( Sugar high )
I hope everyone else menu is going along as well

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Wish you lived closer .....I'd help you eat it!
Ahhh and Susie you can ride with the DixieDarlin, there coming by Kayak and Pepsi will be at the hull with his hat blowing on his tail feathers... It will be fun

amitya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im making Sweet Potatoe Casserole, homeade yeast rolls, home made pecan pie, and corn pudding--

We are going to my BIL's house and his partner is making the Turkey, another pie, deviled eggs and a few other things im sure. He was going to do everything but I made him let me do a couple of things. We will have way toomuch food for the six of us so im sure we will be bringing home leftovers.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are making roast, with veggies, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, green bean casserole, deviled eggs and we cheated and bought a cheesecake from the store ( I really wanted to make my own this year lol....nothing beats home made).

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I just sent someboday what I am haivng in a PM, so I am copying and pasting!
I have a ridiculous amount of food.

To start off with -

cocktail shrimp with tequila-lime cocktail sauce
spinach artichoke dip
onion dip
lobster bisque dip
guacamole
various chips, crackers, pretzels, veggies, etc.

full bar, beer, wine, sodas, etc

25 lb turkey with gravy
mashed potatoes
chourico stuffing
french meat stuffing
canned cranberry sauce
homemade cranberry sauce
rolls & corn bread
various vegetables (my sister-in-law is bringing them)

super duper chocolate cake with white chocolate cream cheese frosting
fruit salad
pumpkin dip with gingersnips, vanilla wafers and sliced apples
frozen chocolate cream pie
magic cookie bars (my sister-in-law)
pumpkin cupcakes (my sister-in-law)

coffee, and hot cider....
Karen, can I please come over for dinner??? Pweeeeeeease?

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will made the two of us a delicious feast, it consisted of vegetarian stuffing with boca sausages, clams, mushrooms and green peppers. We also had mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy, biscuits, deviled eggs and pumpkin pie with french vanilla cool whip for dessert. It was sooo good... I think I'm going to have seconds in a little while.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberries, rolls, spanish olives, black olives, sweet potato bake with pumpkin spice, walnuts, nutmeg, and marshmallows, a relish tray which consisted of radishes (
), green onions (
), sweet pickles, and celery and oh yeah stuffing! and for snacks we had pumpkin fluff dip (thanks Nikki for the recipe!
everyone loved it!) with sugar cookies, celery with cream cheese and some with pimento spread and cheese with triscuit crackers. for dessert we had homemade banana creme pie, homemade chocolate creme pie, homemade pumpkin pie, and my aunt bought a pecan pie. It was good food. although I wasn't feeling too good and didn't eat much...so I am sure I will pig out tomorrow.
I just can't get enough of that pumpkin fluff dip!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like we all had a blessed day but for me the best part was being with my family

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We *had*:

Turkey,ham,scalloped corn,green bean casserole,sweet potatoes,mashed potatoes.turkey-n-noodles,rolls,veggie tray,stuffing,cocunut creme pie,pumpkin pie, pumpkin roll, chocolate peanut butter pie,ummm..........I think thats it.

It all tasted very yummy!!