What's in Your Junk Drawer?

caltritwiamb4

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Address book

My daughter had that I definatley contribute the leap frog toy helping her learn the letters and their sounds. She is 9 now 
Ours was a gift from my step-sister.  My nephew taught himself to read; she thinks that toy is what got him started so she sent one to my oldest when she was 2 or so.  
Yep I am sure it did .Leap Frog is great. I bought my Daughter the leap frog with the pen thingy that you touched on the book and it said the word. That's when I discovered she could already read and she didn't need the toy. We sat down and instead of touching the pen to the word she just started reading! She was about 3 almost 4.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Heart-shaped pancake mold.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Tiny little jam jars (a double J!!!) - the ones you get in gift packs.  I can never bear to throw them out so they store rubber bands and safety pins.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Nylon stockings.. strips thereof. 

Given to me by an elderly woman who swears by them for keeping her African Violets watered, but I never used them.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Orange pill bottles, mostly empty ones from the vet. I just can't stand to throw out something that might come in handy some day.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Q-tips. Okay, so I dug through the drawer at least six times before I realized that I was holding a bunch of Q-tips in my hand just to get them out of the way so I could see what else was in there. :anon:

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
An antique (from my childhood!) empty bottle of Vicks Vaporub now holding loose beads.