What's going on with Petsmart?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've noticed lately that the Petsmart I go to has not been stocking the variety of Fancy Feast Classics they used to.  I mentioned this to one of the people walking around the store and he seemed surprised. 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Petsmart discontinued it's annual $10,000 donation to the local Humane Society this year....tht is the one who shows kitties in the cubbies in the store....

It is a shame...the Humane society does such good work... It has changed the way a cat is Vetted....the  Humane society does as much and as good as it is able to....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wonder if Petsmart is still going to handle adoptions then. Both of my cats were adopted through different Petsmart locations.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I doubt that they will stop adoptions though they may make things more difficult for the rescues if it can save them some money.  I think the only way they would stop is if Petco also stopped.  It would look really bad for them if they stopped and Petco continued.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Denice you are correct.

They still have the adoptions, but things are harder to pay for Vet visits.....and such.....