What’s going on with my cat

Jeszike

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat started meowing loud about 2-3 weeks ago every time he would pee, I noticed he started to pee in random places (he always uses his litter box) and the last time I cleaned up after him I noticed his urine was red like blood. I purchased some drops for him for UTI and noticed after a few days he was no longer peeing in random places(I assumed it fixed whatever problem he had) Today I came home from work and noticed that my cat is not able to stand up on his back paws and continues to meow super loud. I know I should take him to the vet which I will in the morning but need to know if this has happened to any ones cat before and was their cat was okay afterwards. I’m concerned for my cat I wouldn’t want to loose him/: thanks in advanced.

MoMoMeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat started meowing loud about 2-3 weeks ago every time he would pee, I noticed he started to pee in random places (he always uses his litter box) and the last time I cleaned up after him I noticed his urine was red like blood. I purchased some drops for him for UTI and noticed after a few days he was no longer peeing in random places(I assumed it fixed whatever problem he had) Today I came home from work and noticed that my cat is not able to stand up on his back paws and continues to meow super loud. I know I should take him to the vet which I will in the morning but need to know if this has happened to any ones cat before and was their cat was okay afterwards. I’m concerned for my cat I wouldn’t want to loose him/: thanks in advanced.
Please take him to the vet ASAP. Emergency vet even, or any that's open near you.

He could either be blocked (the urine is building up in his bladder, and he can't get it out) or he's on his way to blocking. I'm not trying to make you panic, I want your cat to be okay! Even if it is a UTI, it's too much of a risk not to get him checked out immediately, especially if he's yowling and unable to stand. Urinary issues can be life-threatening, or fatal, if you don't treat them in time in male cats. Time is crucial.