What's for supper

lauren_miller

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm making baked/fried chicken. It's a shake and bake recipe that I found on recipes.com. Also steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pepperoni pizza
I regret eating it of course, because I planned on eating fruit and yogurt for dinner because my lunch wasn't very healthy either and I was trying to make up for it...
But I couldn't resist once it arrived and the delicious aroma was in the air

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Veg taco salads: red leaf lettuce, black beans, brown rice, guac with lots of red onion and some fresh tomato and hot salsa as the dressing.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A burger from work - wholemeal bun, chicken breast, fresh avacado, jalapeno, relish, aoili, pineapple, brie, lettuce, onion and tomato! and lots of salt and pepper

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made tilapia with a dill, caper, white wine and lemon sauce, accompanied with baked potato, buttered peas, campari tomatoes with balsamic vinegar.

adriana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yum, that sounds delicious, Dusty's Mom!

Tonight I think I'm going to make a vegetable lasagna, with a tossed salad and garlic bread. Mmm! I haven't made a comfort, casserole type dish for awhile.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its saturday night, so junk meal, can't afford a takeout so making my own, having doner kebab wraps with salad and mint yoghurt sauce. Looking forward to tomorrows dinner roast pork, roast potatoes, cabbage, broccoli, stuffing, yorkshire puds and home made gravy yuummmyyy.x

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tonight, it's cheese fondue. If you want some really good fondue, invite me over; I make a very good one, modeled on what is served at Les Armures, Geneva, Switzerland. However, I usually don't add the kirsch (which can make it kind of bitter) or the nutmeg.

We can get the cheeses (Emmenthaler and Gruyere) at various places. The trick is to find cheap enough white wine. You want something really cheap. I got a bottle of white at a Wal-Mart for $2.97. In France, we used to pay 80 centimes (about 75 cents, at that time) for a bottle of white wine, and 50 centimes of that was the deposit on the flip-top bottle.

Couldn't find any good baguettes, so we're hardening up some generic French bread.

If you live in the Metroplex, you still have time to make it, if you hurry!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

A burger from work - wholemeal bun, chicken breast, fresh avacado, jalapeno, relish, aoili, pineapple, brie, lettuce, onion and tomato! and lots of salt and pepper
What, no Vegemite?

How popular is lamb at your house?

And when it comes to peppers, let me recommend habaneros or chipotles (which are roasted smoked jalapenos).

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
shepherds pie with a side of cottage cheese. i ate apple pie in the afternoon and well, a light supper is in order