What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had shake and bake pork chops, some extremely garlicky noodles, peas and bread. We went to the in laws for dinner and she said she didn't feel like going grocery shopping so she just threw something together. All I had was part of a pork chop, 1 noodle and a piece of bread. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had shake and bake pork chops, some extremely garlicky noodles, peas and bread. We

went to the in laws for dinner and she said she didn't feel like going grocery shopping so she just threw something together. All I had was part of a pork chop, 1 noodle and a piece of bread. 
:-)

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cornbread with leftover collard greens...don't know what else.  Probably a snack later.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put stewing beef in the crock pot this morning with onion soup mix, gravy mix, a can of cream of mushroom soup and a cup of water. I forgot to buy mushrooms so that didn't go in like usual. We ate it over mashed potatoes. 
 It tastes and smells so good.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm updating my post for today. I have begun a new diet so now I'm having bolognaise with veges. No more carbs after lunch for tammat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

I put stewing beef in the crock pot this morning with onion soup mix, gravy mix, a can of cream of mushroom soup and a cup of water. I forgot to buy mushrooms so that didn't go in like usual. We ate it over mashed potatoes. 
 It tastes and smells so good.
I make that, only instead of the water, I add one cup of white wine and I don't add the gravy mix. It smells wonderful the whole time it's cooking and I'm pretty much drooling til dinner is ready. Mashed potatoes to serve with the gravy and a nice salad.....life is good when that's on the table.

Rick is having the last container of split pea soup from the freezer. I am having beef vegetable soup from the freezer. With a tomato focaccia (also from the freezer).

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I make that, only instead of the water, I add one cup of white wine and I don't add the gravy mix. It smells wonderful the whole time it's cooking and I'm pretty much drooling til dinner is ready. Mashed potatoes to serve with the gravy and a nice salad.....life is good when that's on the table.
Yum, it sounds like it would be good like that. My husband and daughter probably wouldn't like it though. I've also heard of people adding ginger ale. 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm making Winchesters sun-dried tomato chicken tonight. Thanks Winchester. We will have it with cauliflower, carrots and green beans.

Status
Not open for further replies.