What's for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A hoagie. My sister and I went into the funeral home last night to make the final arrangements for Mom. Followed by a family meeting at the nursing home. No way was I cooking. And thankfully, somebody at Rick's work was selling hoagies as a fund-raiser. Rick brought one home and that was our dinner.
Oh Sweetie....I didn't know. Hugs and many prayers for you and your family!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A hoagie. My sister and I went into the funeral home last night to make the final arrangements for Mom. Followed by a family meeting at the nursing home. No way was I cooking. And thankfully, somebody at Rick's work was selling hoagies as a fund-raiser. Rick brought one home and that was our dinner.
I'm sorry; I didn't know. 
  My prayers are with you!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH PAM!!!!!!! I looked at your "mom" thread just now and don't see that you posted about her passing. I just saw it here. My deepest condolences to you and your family. So very sorry..... :shame: :hugs: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Didn't cook tonight. We had a dinner at church today, and I ate enough at lunch to cover both meals. 

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Throwing together a quick chicken casserole. Dinner is getting a late start. I cut myself on a glass I was washing. Luckily it just took a couple of butterflys to close it up...no stitches.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
That's what I'm having too. My husband put it all together and let it cook in the crock pot overnight last night. There is some in the fridge for dinner and some frozen for a future meal. 
OK, ladies, you talked me right into that one! Beef stew with balsamic vinegar and herbed dumplings for dinner last night. A bit of pickled cabbage to go with it (sometimes I need something a bit sour/tart with beef stew). And lemon meringue pie for dessert. I didn't have to work yesterday, so I could spend some time in the kitchen. And Rick was a happy camper when he came home from work. (Although it was a bit tricky trying to find a pie plate, a metal bowl, and some of my cooking utensils! I was walking about the kitchen, looking in tote after tote, saying "Ok, where the heck did I put that zester???"
 Never did find the darn wine opener, so our beef stew was sans red wine. And I just put it in a tote on Sunday!  ) 

Leftovers tonight. We have a bit of stew leftover and also some chicken corn soup that I had made over the weekend. Rick can take his pick and I'll takewhat's left.

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK, ladies, you talked me right into that one! Beef stew with balsamic vinegar and herbed dumplings for dinner last night. A bit of pickled cabbage to go with it (sometimes I need something a bit sour/tart with beef stew). And lemon meringue pie for dessert. I didn't have to work yesterday, so I could spend some time in the kitchen. And Rick was a happy camper when he came home from work. (Although it was a bit tricky trying to find a pie plate, a metal bowl, and some of my cooking utensils! I was walking about the kitchen, looking in tote after tote, saying "Ok, where the heck did I put that zester???" :lol3:  Never did find the darn wine opener, so our beef stew was sans red wine. And I just put it in a tote on Sunday! ) 

Leftovers tonight. We have a bit of stew leftover and also some chicken corn soup that I had made over the weekend. Rick can take his pick and I'll takewhat's left.
:drool: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just cannot for the life of me EVER let Larry see what you always have cooking up in your kitchen!!!!!!!!! :lol3: :lol2: OHHHHHHHHH and we both LOVE Lemon Meringue Pie!!!!!!!! DOUBLE :drool:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Broiled blackened white fish! (the cats will go nuts - might give them a taste BEFORE I spice it up), boiled red potatoes, and fresh greens beans - buttered and garlic salted. :yummy:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We came home to find out that our large freezer was unplugged the whole time we were away. I lost about 3/4 of what was in there. The homemade spaghetti sauce was still cold, but not frozen, so we have been having some form of spaghetti every day this week.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We came home to find out that our large freezer was unplugged the whole time we were away. I lost about 3/4 of what was in there. The homemade spaghetti sauce was still cold, but not frozen, so we have been having some form of spaghetti every day this week.
Now.... How did that happen???? Abby???? Sorry you lost all that food. Sick of spaghetti yet?! ;)

We had BLT sandwiches tonight with sweet potato chips :yummy:

Status
Not open for further replies.