What's for dinner tonight?

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is Sunday splurge night which always includes steak of some kind for my DH. Chateaubriand was on sale as were oysters so we get an appetizer, too. I am making a blood orange and red onion salad and we bought some nice bread.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had barbecued chicken out of the crockpot.
My parents had rice and I had a crossaint (sp??) and some rice cakes.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made the roast in the crock pot. It was an Antelope shoulder roast, in Au Jus. Yummy!!!!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I made a big pot of beef stew yesterday plus a cherry and blueberry pie so that's what is for dinner tonight along with a nice fresh loaf of crusty bread.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Oh, yum! You'll have to report back what tempted your palate!
I ended up- having this:

Penne Sicily - Grilled chicken tossed with peas, spinach, mushrooms, diced pancetta and penne pasta in a creamy marsala sauce.

It was OK, but not great. I think I have been to so many really good Italian restaurants lately that I am hard to impress when it comes to that.

I picked up some whole whet flatbread pizza crusts today and will make up pizza and a salad tonight.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I ended up- having this:

Penne Sicily - Grilled chicken tossed with peas, spinach, mushrooms, diced pancetta and penne pasta in a creamy marsala sauce.

It was OK, but not great. I think I have been to so many really good Italian restaurants lately that I am hard to impress when it comes to that.

I picked up some whole whet flatbread pizza crusts today and will make up pizza and a salad tonight.
Well, I might have been tempted by that description too.
It's disappointing when a restaurant doesn't measure up to expectations. Tonight's offering sounds good, though.

I made croutons the other day, and they put me in mind of the fact that we're overdue for a big Caesar Salad. I'll do something with chicken breast to go with it.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had Montreal Steak seasoned burgers - bought 'em pre-seasoned at the store and they were GOOD!