What's for dinner tonight??

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, last night (since that's when the question was asked) was Yosemite Chicken -- those who have a copy, can check out Cooking with Cattitude Volume II, "Mika's Cheesy Chicken Breasts" -- accompanied by broccoli and jasmine rice, followed by homemade apple pie and cheddar. Stepson and his SO joined us, and brought along a lovely little appy, consisting of goat cheese and tapenade on thin bread slices, topped with an asparagus spear. They also provided wine, a nice BC Pinot Gris, and a Pinot Blanc dessert wine (sorry the bottles are upstairs, and the vintners were both unfamiliar, so the names escape me at the moment, but they were both very satisfactory
).

Tonight (or rather this afternoon) we went to our great-nephew's first birthday party, and had party food -- and came away too stuffed to bother with dinner when we got home.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a cheesy, tuna noodle casserole, and mashed potatoes, and since my niece was here pork and beans because I was too busy chasing her to make any other veggies. But it was all oh so yummy, I love tuna casserole and I love mashed taters.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I just throw the makings for beef stew into the crock pot. I will be having that and am thinking of making a pan of biscuits to go along with it.

It is really cold damp and dreary here today so it is most definitely a stew kind of day.