What's for dinner tonight???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I had a late lunch of California Chicken Alfredo pizza from Mazzio's. Cheese and alfredo sauce
I'll be skipping supper..

.. I did not know there was actually a name for this
I make something similar and toss it in the oven, though I usually add yellow squash and/or zucchini when I can.
ohhhh that pizza sounds yummy!!!!
/ and yup- it has a name
supposed to be baked ziti...but seeing how i used penne instead i guess i should call it baked penne lol...i don't really care though -it was SOOOOO yummy!!!! / Hey what do you put in your recipe with squash? I hate squash but my mom loves it- i might try making it sometime for her!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Hey what do you put in your recipe with squash? I hate squash but my mom loves it- i might try making it sometime for her!
Same stuff as as the baked ziti, pretty much.
No sour cream though, YUCK!
And instead of using two jars of spaghetti I may use one and regular tomato sauce or just tomato sauce, plus seasonings - basil, garlic, italian seasoning, a bit of black pepper. (McCormick has a neat seasoning mix - Basil & Garlic seasoning blend) Jar/canned spaghetti sauce by itself is too sweet.
For the veggies, I just make sure to cut the squash or zucchini small so it cooks fully. You would add it with the meat and sauce on the stove.
DH looks at me weird for adding veggies too, however the tomato sauce soaks in and covers most of the squash taste.

Mind you, I'm one of those people that usually tosses random stuff together and hope it comes out well, going by the taste and smell of the ingredients.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

I think I'd have to get penne pasta too - don't think we have ziti here - it looks much the same on the photo - so whats the difference - is it a longer pasta ?
Penne is thinner and has a point. We are having hot dogs tonight

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Penne is thinner and has a point. We are having hot dogs tonight
uhh that's what i forgot on my list! we have hot dog buns but no hot dogs

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

uhh that's what i forgot on my list! we have hot dog buns but no hot dogs
We usually do the opposite and forget the rolls. Shame I didn't know we would finish the hot dogs yesterday so I can post in your other thread to remind you.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really sure. Either meatloaf, Orange Chicken, or Lemon Chicken. I'm making all of those to freeze.

The meatloaf is in the oven and out of all of those it makes the most servings, so I might have that because that because I can still freeze more.

Probably a salad and mashed/whipped potatoes to go with it.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Not really sure. Either meatloaf, Orange Chicken, or Lemon Chicken. I'm making all of those to freeze.

The meatloaf is in the oven and out of all of those it makes the most servings, so I might have that because that because I can still freeze more.

Probably a salad and mashed/whipped potatoes to go with it.
Your menu always sounds so yummy!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Your menu always sounds so yummy!
Thanks
But it's not always "yummy". It largely depends on what I have in the house to cook with and if I feel up to cooking. My health hasn't been that great and there are many days where I just have something quick, or order in.

However, that's caused me to put on so much weight and I need to lose some, so I'm going back on my Jenny Craig plan, combined with a slim fast shake a day to get my chocolate fix, and while it's lots of work initially to make meals ahead of time and freeze them, it works out cheaper in the end for future grocery shoppings and it allows me to just take something out of the freezer and heat and serve. That works out especially great on days when I really don't feel well enough to cook.

Plus a variety of good healthy foods helps to keep cravings at bay. I find when I regularly eat balanced meals I don't get cravings for junk foods.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We usually do the opposite and forget the rolls. Shame I didn't know we would finish the hot dogs yesterday so I can post in your other thread to remind you.
no kidding
i knew i was forgetting something last night