What's for dinner tonight everyone?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Spanakopita and Greek Salad. Fast, easy, reasonably healthy, and very satisfying. Dessert is probably ice cream with fresh strawberry coulis.
Spanakopita is easy to make?! Please share your recipe because the ones I've found have been terribly time consuming.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wond up making a really fast bowl of spaghetti for me right before i ran out the door for my friends lingera shower. (just threw some pasta in hot water and added canned spaghetti sauce & parmesan to it- i normally make my own sauce!) It was definitely not as good as my homemade stuff, but it was ok.

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So my husband didnt get home until 9:30-10pm... too late for dinner... So It was a whole lotta nothin tonight.

I guess I should have joined the kids for cereal.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Spanakopita is easy to make?! Please share your recipe because the ones I've found have been terribly time consuming.
Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest I was making it from scratch. Anything with phyllo is a PITA. But we get really nice frozen ones, that cook while you're doing everything else. Thirty minutes to dinner.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chinese take-out. Veggies and steamed rice. They have the best mushrooms in it, they call them straw mushrooms. Yum!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We had asparagus risotto with more asparagus as a side dish, and a tossed salad. risotto

Maybe I'll pick up the makings for lasagna tomorrow, as it should be cool enough to use the oven (no A/C).

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lamb chops on the BBQ tonight. And (assuming I can get appropriate mango and avocado when I go shopping in a few minutes) avocado, mango and tomato salad, and probably baby new potatoes with whatever herb takes my fancy at the time. Haven't thought about dessert.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No idea what's on our list for tonight! Last night I had a piece of toasted ciabatta bread for dinner

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm having take out from a local wonderful chinese buffet - very fresh, not full of salt or sauces...their chinese greens are plain steamed and excellent
as is their sushi and they have a baked salmon that is to die for.

DH doesn't eat meat on Friday and is having a tuna sub

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I'm having take out from a local wonderful chinese buffet - very fresh, not full of salt or sauces...their chinese greens are plain steamed and excellent
as is their sushi and they have a baked salmon that is to die for.

DH doesn't eat meat on Friday and is having a tuna sub
That Chinese buffet sounds yummy!!!
(Colin and your DH would get along well - he had a tuna sandwich for lunch today
I was having no part of that- i won't touch the stuff lol
)

Tonights dinner is baked chicken and jasmine rice. I'm going to make some veggies to go with it, not sure what yet! I'm a little late cooking tonight- i've only got the chicken thawing out at the moment so it'll be a little while before dinner's ready!

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had pasta. And I'm going to have a big chocolate chip cookie.