What's For Dinner? - 2024

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a feeling everything will go well for your husband's surgery tomorrow. Try to get a good night's sleep and please keep us posted when you have a chance. :heartshape:

Leftovers from lunch - roasted cauliflower, guacamole and seasoned black beans with rice. Raspberries for dessert.
Deep down I am sure that it will.It just makes me nervous,and I will be til he's awake and out of recovery.Our son is going with us,so I won't be waiting alone.I'm sure once we get home, get him all settled and fed,I'll let ya'll know how it went.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Deep down I am sure that it will.It just makes me nervous,and I will be til he's awake and out of recovery.Our son is going with us,so I won't be waiting alone.I'm sure once we get home, get him all settled and fed,I'll let ya'll know how it went.
Sending good vibes to your husband for today. I’ll keep you both in my thoughts.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers...it means more than you know!I am scared,and I didn't think I would be,and the crappy weather coming tomorrow doesn't help after last night!Anyway,I made a nice dinner of braised seasoned chicken breast with gravy,noodles and buttered corn.Delish!
Keeping you ( for Peace & Comfort) and hubby( for Good Health and Wellness) in my prayers......

Don't be afraid,God is with you and it's going to be okay❤❤❤

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just want to thank everyone for your prayers and sweet thoughts sent our way.Sorry this is late but we got home late and there was plenty to do plus get him settled in.All went well with the surgery...he had a bit of a reaction to the ketamine they used as part of his anesthesia and it took him awhile to come out of it.He's never had it before so who knew?So he's wearing a sling and will for awhile.Activities are somewhat limited as the wire into the heart has to heal,but it's all good.He's been sound asleep for 2 hours now and that's a blessing.Dinner was rather limited but that's okay.There's always tomorrow.Love you all and thank you again!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Just want to thank everyone for your prayers and sweet thoughts sent our way.Sorry this is late but we got home late and there was plenty to do plus get him settled in.All went well with the surgery...he had a bit of a reaction to the ketamine they used as part of his anesthesia and it took him awhile to come out of it.He's never had it before so who knew?So he's wearing a sling and will for awhile.Activities are somewhat limited as the wire into the heart has to heal,but it's all good.He's been sound asleep for 2 hours now and that's a blessing.Dinner was rather limited but that's okay.There's always tomorrow.Love you all and thank you again!
:bouquet::heartshape:Continued prayer for a speedy and full recovery

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
All went well with the surgery.
Glad to hear all went well minus a few hiccups, e.g. ketamine, wearing a sling and limited activities. But hopefully with some much needed rest and your wonderful support he will make a full recovery. :crossfingers:

Going out with friends for Mexican tonight. I looked up the menu and trying to decide what to order. :anticipation:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to heat up the chicken,noodles and gravy,and I made a cold pea salad to go with.Today he is walking without pain or weakness in his arms and legs,not having to rely 100% on the support of his walker....not much pain in his hip,he actually slept most of the night,and he says he actually feels good.Hallelujah!Taking a day at a time,but this is wonderful to see him so much better in a matter of a day.The spot on his left shoulderblade where they inserted the pacemaker...no discomfort at all.I am elated to say the least!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
All went well with the surgery
.I am elated to say the least!
00ThanksCandle.jpeg

Lunch will be waffles, and dinner will be a chicken patty with mashed potatoes and greens with pepper sauce. LOL, I'm choosing meals by my condiment cravings again. I just REALLY want pepper sauce!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to heat up the chicken,noodles and gravy,and I made a cold pea salad to go with.Today he is walking without pain or weakness in his arms and legs,not having to rely 100% on the support of his walker....not much pain in his hip,he actually slept most of the night,and he says he actually feels good.Hallelujah!Taking a day at a time,but this is wonderful to see him so much better in a matter of a day.The spot on his left shoulderblade where they inserted the pacemaker...no discomfort at all.I am elated to say the least!
So happy to hear it---- thank God 🤗❤

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch will be a hot dog sandwich with cheese and onions. Yes, the craving got bad enough that I ordered them delivered. I did need just enough odds and ends to get free delivery. WHAT??? you say? A hot dog is a weiner on a bun. A hot dog sandwich is two weiners cut in half length-wise, plopped between two slices of bread. Dinner might very well be the same thing. The craving is STRONG! If not, it will be hamburger steak with mashed potatoes and green beans.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A friend gave me a dozen freshly laid eggs from her chickens so I made a swiss cheese omelette w/veggies. It was so good. I made DH a pulled chicken salad with leftovers from his roasted chicken. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had rib eye at a steak house here at this open air outlet mall 😋 they also cook the best bone in thick cut pork chop ive ever tried tender juicy full of flavor

Attachments

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Lunch in the city with my daughter at a Mediterranean restaurant - too stuffed for dinner. I had a bowl with seasoned brown rice, pita, falafel, roasted red pepper hummus, sautéed onions, black beans & corn and spring mix greens. Affogato coffee drink for dessert.:yummy: