What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got broccoli, mac & cheese and a double order of cole slaw and of course a corn muffin.
Yum! Especially the Corn Muffin. Did you eat inside or get takeout?

Last night they had a slice of pizza and corn on the cob. A odd combination but it worked for me.
Yeah, that is an odd combination, but it sounds good. Maybe I'll try it.

flat bread pizza with green olives.
Did you make it? I never had pizza with green olives.

Lunch: 2 Slices of Dad's Homemade Bread Toasted, 1/4 Cup Granola Butter, Goldfish Xtra Cheddar Crackers, Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips. I really like these chips! Finally something I like.
1648947079406.png

Dinner: Veggie Frittata. I really liked the potatoes in the egg. I usually have Ketchup, but I had 1/4 Cup Honey Mustard this time because I wanted to use it up. It was pretty good! I don't think I ever had mustard on eggs and potatoes before. It also had cheese, onions, bell pepper in it.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yum! Especially the Corn Muffin. Did you eat inside or get takeout?

We ate inside. They took 12 of us from AL on their bus. They are going to start making a trip once a week to different resturants. Last week they went to Red Lobster but I did not go. I won't go to a sea food or a steak house. I can't go every time because it gets expensive.

Yeah, that is an odd combination, but it sounds good. Maybe I'll try it.

Once on Hoda & Jenna they were talking about odd food combinations and they mention corn and vanilla ice cream. The next time I had corn on the cob I tried it and it was pretty good.

Did you make it? I never had pizza with green olives.

Yes, I made it. I did not have any black olives. Red onions and mushrooms would have also been good.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Friday night, I made pork and sauerkraut over mashed potatoes. I love pork and sauerkraut. I used two meaty country-style ribs.
Saturday night was delivery pizza (Papa John's, not my favorite, but Rick likes it).

Tonight (Sunday) will be the three remaining country-style ribs done in the NFG. I have them rubbed with Special Shit and they'll be in the fridge all day. Dear Richard wants sweet potato fries to go with.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had their multigrain tortilla chips and they really are the best. I don't think you can go wrong with anything they make.
I was surprised they were so good because all the healthier chips I've been trying lately are terrible. They taste like either cardboard or a bowl of salt. I'll have to sample their other chips.

Lunch: Cheetos Mac & Cheese cup with 1/2TB Frank's Garlic Hot Sauce, 2 Slices Dad's Homemade Bread Toasted, 2TB Granola Butter. I noticed that the longer I let the Mac & Cheese sit, the better it tastes. But of course it gets cold then!

Dinner: Some baked concoction my mother made that was actually quite good. It was rice, pureed frozen sweet potatoes & carrots, butternut squash sauce, cheese, eggs, ginger honey, cinnamon honey. I added hot sauce, crushed red pepper flakes, garlic parsley salt, Goldfish Xtra Cheddar Crackers.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had TJ's Quinoa Vegetable Melange and diced up avocado and green onion with it last night. Another cloudy and chilly day so I'm thinking of having lentil vegetable soup with kale and a sweet potato tonight. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what that is, those huge wide noodles!

lentil vegetable soup with kale and a sweet potato
Cup of Soup with a Sweet Potato or regular Potato sounds like the perfect size lunch or dinner! I should try it...

fresh pineapple with cream cheese dip.
What flavor was the dip? I never dipped my pineapple in anything, sounds interesting.

Lunch: 3 gluten-free Pumpkin Pancakes, 1TB Butter, finished up the Granola Butter, finished up Cabot Extra Sharp orange cheese.

Dinner: Field Roast Vegetarian Sausage with Ketchup, Cuban Mustard, Mustard Hot Dog Relish, Blue Cheese Dressing, Leftover Rice Sweet Potato Squash Concoction from last night, added Garlic Parsley Salt, Crushed Red Pepper, Frank's Garlic Hot Sause, Finished up the Goldfish Xtra Cheddar Crackers.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
What flavor was the dip? I never dipped my pineapple in anything, sounds interesting.
Its a dip I make myself. Its just marshmallow cream and cream cheese whipped together with a dash of vanilla and a bit of milk. So sweet and creamy. Strawberries or Rasberries taste delicious dipped in it too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.