What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sometimes just make a box of Stovetop stuffing randomly :D. I like it, I'm not going to wait for a special meal to eat it. It sounds like it should be fairly yummy.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
last of the pasta and chicken.. I ate too much.. It was so good, but perhaps because I have not had pasta a sauce for a long time.. cooking the chicken in it reminded me of what my mom used to make for supper.. quick and easy....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When we had our brunch on Christmas morning, I made quiche. The recipe that I use makes two nice-sized quiches, so we threw the second one in the freezer for later. And later is here! Quiche for supper tonight. I don't know what we're going to have with it, maybe a bit of fried potatoes. 

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
More of the same from yesterday.  It turned out quite well and made enough for three meals.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We ended up having a bit of salad with our quiche last night. That is a seriously good quiche recipe; I'm keeping it.

Rick is bowling early tonight, plus he has a union meeting right after work, so I'll get home before he does. I'm thinking sloppy joes on 100-calorie buns with fries done in the air fryer.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
SIGH....I'm going to experiment tonight and get rid of a couple of things in my pantry that are taking up space.  I have a box of turkey flavored Stove Top Stuffing (don't ask...I'll never use it for Thanksgiving again, but it wasn't THAT bad), a packet of turkey gravy mix, and a bag of country-cut mixed green beans, corn, and carrots.  I'm going to combine them into a casserole, but I'm doing it vegetarian-style.  I forgot to take the chicken bosom out of the freezer to add to it.  We'll see.  How bad could it be?
It's been years and years since I made this, but it sounds similar to a broccoli casserole that used to be a hit at parties -

2 sticks margarine
1 large box of Stove Top stuffing
3 boxes frozen chopped broccoli
1 small onion
2 cups sour cream
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded carrots

Melt margarine and mix with stuffing. Reserve 2 cups of mixture for topping. Cook broccoli along with onion according to package direction and drain well. Spread broccoli and onion in bottom of a greased 13 x 9 pan. Mix together sour cream, soup, carrots and stuffing. Pour on top of broccoli. Sprinkle reserved stuffing on top. Cook for approximately 30 minutes at 350° F.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Turkey tenderloin tonight with a shredded brussels sprout salad, broccoli and rice.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Meeting friends for lunch, hope I have enough leftovers so I won't have to think about what to make for dinner tonight.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick was just getting to leave for work this morning when our kitchen phone rang. He answered it and it was his boss. The system bit the dust, so he was offered the chance to stay home today. And he took it. So lucky him!

I think we might be going to Red Robin for dinner tonight.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

a grilled cheese sandwich, possibly some tomato soup, some canned sliced peaches, and a slice of banana bread (that i baked yesterday evening).
well, i didn't have all that last night -- just had the sliced peaches and banana bread slice. i was totally annihilated, just didn't have it in me to make the grilled cheese sandwich or heat up the soup.

tonight i'm going to have that grilled cheese sandwich, and a slice of banana bread. maybe a few mini pretzels too.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A great big sweet potato with butter and brown sugar!  OH YUM!  I mean, this sucker is BIG.  It is larger than my two doubled fists.

LOL...last night was a bottle of wine and a box of fudge.  It was a rough day for me.  I only usually drink wine once or twice a year.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

A great big sweet potato with butter and brown sugar!  OH YUM!  I mean, this sucker is BIG.  It is larger than my two doubled fists.

LOL...last night was a bottle of wine and a box of fudge.  It was a rough day for me.  I only usually drink wine once or twice a year.
Oh... so sorry.. I will PM you my telephone number.. having a scotch and water right now..   a huge salad for later...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Birthday dinner tonight:

Standing rib roast (using Ina Garten's recipe for Sunday Rib Roast, but doing Yorkshire Pudding, too)

Potatoes with Bacon and Caramelized Onions

Green Beans with Blue Cheese and Pecans

GF bringing a salad and a jar of red beets that she canned

Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Cake with my whipped peanut butter frosting

GF bringing a tub of Chocolate Marshmallow ice cream 

Should be good!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I did not have the sweet potato.  I got lazy and ate a hot dog with onions and melted cheese, my new addiction.  Tonight I SHALL have the sweet potato!  I have to.  I'm out of hot dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.