What's for dinner? - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
My go to meat is: steak, chicken, pork or sausages... yes, I grew up and still live a lot of Italian foods.... and the butcher has such good steaks.. one steak lasts me 2 days.. so I always have one in the freezer.. I still have the ability to get it fresh.. and their chicken is so good.. Bell and Evans.. for myself, it is worth it.. and the flavor is real chicken.. I can tell.

I bought a regular grocery store chicken parts for soup.. I could immediately tell the change in flavor.... I was shocked.. Guess I am being a "Meat/Chicken"  Snob....  once you taste fresh, it makes a huge difference..

I also like to get the butcher shop ground beef. They grind it fresh.. If you want ground pork, they will grind up a boneless chop for you...cannot beat that.. 

For one person, the butcher is worth it. 

************************************************************************************************************

I did order a pizza for supper.. a mushroom pizza...

It seemed as if everyone was ordering pizza today.. I saw them delivering it as early as 11:30AM.. and the phone was ringing off the hook when I called.

I like to have pizza in the house when we have storms.. good for munching on, cold...

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

I did order a pizza for supper.. a mushroom pizza.
Yum, I love mushroom pizza, are you inviting anyone over - hint, hint! 

Debating between a veggie burger and the rest of my leftover veggie chili

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arby's
I had the limited time crispy fish sandwich in a meal, curly fries and a Dr. Pepper. They were a little over kill with the tartar sauce I forgot to ask for light on the tartar sauce but I didn't care I was hungry.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ This afternoon I sauteed a potato with scallops and stir-fry vegetables. Tonight I am eyeing the DiGiorno pizza in the ice box . But I may just have pasta with a salad . . . ?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick is taking me out to breakfast this morning for early Valentine's Day, so we won't be having much for dinner tonight. I'm considering maybe a dip or two with some veggies and that's it. I already asked him about it and he said that would be fine with him. So maybe some fresh veggies, some bruschetta. I might throw together some stuffed mushrooms in the air fryer again. But nothing fancy.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
~ This afternoon I sauteed a potato with scallops and stir-fry vegetables. Tonight I am eyeing the DiGiorno pizza in the ice box . But I may just have pasta with a salad . . . ?

James, your lunch sounds amazing, and the stuffed mushrooms in the next post also sound really good as well.

I think I will do take-out but not what. Maybe a big salad with loaded fries.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
easy supper.. got some cold cuts.. turkey ham, and cheese, mayo on Italian Scali Bread with some sweet pickle chips..

I zapped it in the micro for a few seconds to melt the cheese a bit.. yum..

I have a small bag of salt and vinegar chips.. perhaps tomorrow.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Since I went out for a late lunch I wasn't too hungry for dinner - only had vegetable soup with oyster crackers.

nevroth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Went over to my boyfriend's house and he made steak with sauteed onions & mushrooms, mashed 'taters & Brussels sprouts. It's his 'go-to' man meal hahaha.

Very good but now I want a pizza hahaha.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Pork chops and sweet potato planks in the air fryer. Old-fashioned Bread Pudding for dessert.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll have some pasta with spaghetti sauce (home cooked) later in the evening -- it needs to simmer for a good 90 minutes. and i'll have a peanut butter brownie for dessert.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Stew beef over rice.  I wanted to make an actual beef stew, but l seem to be lacking potatoes and carrots.  Onions, I have.  I ALWAYS have onions.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Spinach salad with baby spinach, strawberries, red onion, walnuts and poppyseed dressing. 

tiptopper

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tortellini Soup ---Grilled ham & cheese  ----vanilla Klondike bar with chocolate pudding and peanut butter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Would you believe I'm still working on leftovers from my veggie chili? But had Snickerdoodle cookies for dessert.

nevroth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ikea swedish meatball plate tonight. With a side salad and latte. The boyfriend and I went to visit the largest Ikea in the US. Holy moley, so many people. Took about 25min before we got to sit down to eat. And they ran out of chocolate cake :(

Status
Not open for further replies.