What's for dinner? - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I put a pork loin in the crock pot for crock pot pulled pork sandwiches for dinner tonight. And I took a container of crock pot beans out of the freezer to thaw in the fridge today.

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had stir fry last night with Mongolian sauce, vegetarian chicken strips, tofu, veggies, Asian rice noodles. For side dishes, we had cantaloupe chunks and cucumber slices. We had sorbet for dessert.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made black bean burgers this morning. It made 5 of them so I am going to cook one for lunch to see how they taste. They will be dinner as long as they taste ok. They smell good.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I made black bean burgers this morning. It made 5 of them so I am going to cook one for lunch to see how they taste. They will be dinner as long as they taste ok. They smell good.
I love black bean burgers.  Hope yours turned out well. 

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

I put a pork loin in the crock pot for crock pot pulled pork sandwiches for dinner tonight. And I took a container of crock pot beans out of the freezer to thaw in the fridge today.
There's enough pulled pork leftover tonight for sandwiches again tomorrow. 

My BIL made sloppy joes, macaroni salad, and sugar cookies and brought it all down to the house for Rick, his sister, and me for lunch today. I thought that was really nice of him. He's gotten into bread-baking and he made the buns for the sloppy joes. Yum. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a veggie burger but made with onions, carrots, black beans, oatmeal and seasonings. Here's an uncooked photo of them uncooked and a photo of the prepared burger. I made them in my burger press to make them as even as I could.

Very nice. They look like patties. What do they taste like?
What does the press look like that makes them even. I've never heard of anything like that. We really are backward out here.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very nice. They look like patties. What do they taste like?
What does the press look like that makes them even. I've never heard of anything like that. We really are backward out here.
They taste like black beans with seasonings. You cant really taste the carrots or oatmeal. My only issue was they aren't crunchy at all but they tasted good.

The press looks like this

You put the meat (or in this case bean mixture) in the bottom and press it with the piece with the handle. I wasn't sure how well it would work, since I bought it at the dollar store but it actually works quite well.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They taste like black beans with seasonings. You cant really taste the carrots or oatmeal. My only issue was they aren't crunchy at all but they tasted good.

The press looks like this

You put the meat (or in this case bean mixture) in the bottom and press it with the piece with the handle. I wasn't sure how well it would work, since I bought it at the dollar store but it actually works quite well.
That looks very nifty.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken strips from Arby's. After a long day at training at my new job, they weren't satisfying as I had hoped so I gave them to the dogs.  I should have got a gyro like my parents did.. they said they were amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.