What's for dinner? - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you.  I knew I should ask an expert.  Doing it experimentally works, but you can spend a lot on ruined almond cashew milk.

Margret

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For dinner tonight, more avocados and pistachios, more not-quite-eggnog eggnog, and, for dessert, half an Ugli fruit.  I just found them at the grocery store.  I love these things.  11 g. of carbs per serving, they taste good, and unlike grapefruit (which doesn't even taste good) they don't interfere with any of my medications.

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure. I didn't get anything out of the freezer last night. I know there's some pasta sauce in the freezer, so I may get that out for spaghetti for tonight, along with a couple Garlic Parm rolls. And make a small greens salad.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

PETA has a recipe for vegan chicken nuggets. I have never tried them but they look good. They do have some TVP but you might not be able to taste it with everything else that's in them. 

http://www.peta.org/living/food/vegan-nuggets-fun-everyone/
Thanks @Kat0121  

I prefer not to use the TVP,  But I might try tweaking the recipes I have with some of the ingredients in that recipe to see if I can get a flavour I like. 

No-no-no-no-no ... it's NOT TVP ... it's dried bean curd ... similar but different.

TVP is made from defatted soybean flour as a by product from making soybean oil. In contrast, bean curd has been minimally processed from soybeans, water, and a coagulate. The Butler brand soy curls have been sliced and dehydrated but you can just as easily do this at home if you have a dehydrator.
Thanks for clarifying @DC1346  

I've never used TVP, but it looks like cat food to me.  Actually cat food looks better!  
  I'll keep an eye out for the dried bean curds. I don't think we have the Butler brand around here, at least according to Google. But maybe there's another brand.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thanks @Kat0121  

I prefer not to use the TVP,  But I might try tweaking the recipes I have with some of the ingredients in that recipe to see if I can get a flavour I like. 

Thanks for clarifying @DC1346  

I've never used TVP, but it looks like cat food to me.  Actually cat food looks better!  
  I'll keep an eye out for the dried bean curds. I don't think we have the Butler brand around here, at least according to Google. But maybe there's another brand.
You might be able to substitute seitan for the TVP. 

Who knows what's for dinner? I do my grocery shopping on Friday so maybe I'll hit Subway on the way home for a veggie sub

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Subway, 6" sub. They had egg available! So I basically had breakfast for dinner (egg, provolone, mayo, and spinach on herb & cheese)

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Subway here too!

They texted me a coupon for $1 off any footlong so I got a veggie on white. Toasted with spinach, cucumbers, pickles, black olives, onions, sweet peppers and jalapenos. Their tomatoes looked off so I added a sliced one I got from the grocery store.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Sourdough pizza. Roasted tomatoes, onions, oregano, basil, mozz and freshly grated Parm.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Cook's Country Cider-baked Ham is on our Easter menu today. 

Status
Not open for further replies.