What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey I missed out on that survey! I got a call from the focus group business that was doing that one, but I answered a question wrong. :(

We're having pizza topped with pulled pork leftovers.
The questions seem silly but the money will be nice. He had to make a video and didn't like that part of it.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
It was leftovers and several slices of pumpkin bread.....I am such a pig..although, I did drop the reheated dish of potatoes on the floor and it was a bunch of smithereens.....so I just had a koltley and a bit of green beans....

missed the potatoes....those would have filled me up....

Oh well, tomorrow is another day...

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was leftovers and several slices of pumpkin bread.....I am such a pig..although, I did drop the reheated dish of potatoes on the floor and it was a bunch of smithereens.....so I just had a koltley and a bit of green beans....
missed the potatoes....those would have filled me up....

Oh well, tomorrow is another day...
That is so sad. No potatoes and a smashed dish. I'd have probably cried.

anneno2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Stew, if I can get enough strength it will be bacon and eggs for Father. I'll stick to Salada biscuits. I'm too damn tired.anneno2

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hassenpfeffer, Semolina dumplings and carrots.

OMG! This was sooooo good and I haven't had it for years! Just a good, old fashioned German dinner that warms you to the bones!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hassenpfeffer, Semolina dumplings and carrots.
OMG! This was sooooo good and I haven't had it for years! Just a good, old fashioned German dinner that warms you to the bones!
You eat a lot of German food.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A thick soup with veggies creamed up. Very nice. Fettuccine with different mushrooms and cream. Quite pleasant. A nice change from bloody chicken.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I DO eat German food. Probably because I am 100% German and that is what I was raised on. But, I also eat a wide variety of food from other cultures. I love to cook, I love to eat, and I love to experiment and experience all the different spices, flavors, aromas and textures.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise

I DO eat German food. Probably because I am 100% German and that is what I was raised on. But, I also eat a wide variety of food from other cultures. I love to cook, I love to eat, and I love to experiment and experience all the different spices, flavors, aromas and textures.
 Considering you know what koldunai is, yes, you definitely know food from other cultures!

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got myself a live dungeness crab from the asian market and steamed it and ate it plain. It was sooo good. Gave a couple of small shreds to my two kitties as usual.

Last edited:

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Considering you know what koldunai is, yes, you definitely know food from other cultures!
I think my 'experimentation' began back in the early 80's when I lived right across the street from the University of Cincinnati campus. I was dating my (now ex) husband who is from Ethiopia. He lived in a frat house with several other students and most of them were from different countries: India, China, Indonesia, France, Italy, Japan and a few other's I can't recall. Sometimes you could walk into that house and the smells of spices and meats and sauces would overwhelm you! We'd often have 'community' dinners and cook different things together and I learned a lot of new dishes. It just carried on from there. And now I have a niece married to a Mexican, and one married a Puerto Rican, and my sister has a close friend from Chile.

It's fun and educational to learn about other cultures and I have found that cooking is one of the best ways to do that! 

Tonight I had left overs from last night. My daughter came over and we finished off the Hassenfeffer. Tomorrow is another day!

Status
Not open for further replies.