What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Dining out gift cards gone now, busy studying online all day. Had a frozen dinner, pasta, chicken, tomato in balsamic dressing (I added more balsamic & honey). It was pretty good!

Last edited:

lmj1954

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dinner was NOT easy. I came home from work, hubby working on kitchen, has the sink out, counter tops gone, dishwasher and stove pulled away from wall. 

Happy to be getting new sink and counter tops, but yikes! So I got out the electric skillet, fried bacon then in the bacon grease did fried potatoes and eggs

and made toast. Then washed dishes in bathroom sink, I think tomorrow for dinner I bring something home from the deli since I am right there working

in another part of the grocery store. 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I took some vegetable soup out of the freezer last night. To be served with sourdough biscuits.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Wee are also having soup from the freezer. :)

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cooked a spaghetti squash and served it with pasta sauce. Of course we had a salad on the side and hubby had garlic bread

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used my crockpot to make chili for the first time.  Crushed tomatos, bell pepper, onions, chili pepper, pepper flakes, oregano, black pepper and garlic.  I also made it "gourmet" by using chuck roast steak and a little bit of rib eye. It came out pretty good with about medium spiciness.  Last night I also made a mango lassi for dessert.  Was delicious, going to make it again soon.

Last edited:

anneno2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's 11.thirty at night here in Australia so we had chicken, corn on the cob potatoes for dinner at 6pm.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used my crockpot to make chili for the first time.  Crushed tomatos, bell pepper, onions, chili pepper, pepper flakes, oregano, black pepper and garlic.  I also made it "gourmet" by using chuck roast steak and a little bit of rib eye. It came out pretty good with about medium spiciness.  Last night I also made a mango lassi for dessert.  Was delicious, going to make it again soon.
I love rose lassi but have no idea how to make it or any lassi for that matter.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same as last night. I'm very boring where food is concerned because I don't cook. Or very very rarely.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love rose lassi but have no idea how to make it or any lassi for that matter.
I dont know how to make rose lassi but mango lassi is super easy! I didnt measure anything and it came out great. Its hard to mess it up because of the ingredients. Basically i filled up a fourth of my cup with milk and threw it in the blender, a big spoonful of plain yogurt, large handful of frozen mangos from costco and a dash of honey and blended the heck out of it until it was a bit liquidy.

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[quote don't have a codtod="kittyluv387" url="/t/290275/whats-for-dinner-2015/1890#post_3887133"]
I dont know how to make rose lassi but mango lassi is super easy! I didnt measure anything and it came out great. Its hard to mess it up because of the ingredients. Basically i filled up a fourth of my cup with milk and threw it in the blender, a big spoonful of plain yogurt, large handful of frozen mangos from costco and a dash of honey and blended the heck out of it until it was a bit liquidy.[/quote]

Well I don't have a costos. Can't get frozen mangos. Don't live in America.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I don't have a costos. Can't get frozen mangos. Don't live in America.
It doesnt have to be a frozen mango. I just use frozen because of the convenience. If you dont have mangos at all you can use any other fruit that goes well with dairy like strawberry, blueberry...etc. Lassi is just a yogurt drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.