What's for dinner? - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

i'm making potato cheese soup this morning, and will add diced ham to it. i'll have some of that for dinner this evening.
well, it took me much longer than expected to finish my morning chores. in fact, it was after 1pm this afternoon by the time i got to finishing making the potato cheese soup with ham. so, i had a bowl of that for my lunch and will have some of the chili i made in the slow cooker yesterday for my dinner this evening.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did make the frittata last night and it was quite good. Rick liked it.

Took a large chicken breast out of the freezer. We will split it for dinner tonight. Probably with a twice-baked potato (and we will split that, too, as my Russets are huge). And some green beans.

Judy, I cannot imagine never having any Mexican food! 
Sad isn't it.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quinoa with a boiled egg, pepper, and smoked sea salts (if you haven't tried smoked sea salt, I WHOLLY recommend it! SO good!). But I'm still hungry so I've got mango ice cream and a nice mug of thickly made Milo, courtesy of @FhiCat
What's Milo?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I had a terrible hamburger with all the trimmings and something called home fries, little squares of potatoes with a spicy/sweet sauce. Should have had french fries. My daughter and eldest grandson also had terrible hamburgers. 2nd son had schnitzel with rice and veggies and the little one had a pizza.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
If my avocados were a bit more ripe it would be guacamole. :lol3: It looks like it will be leftovers from last night, which is pork tenderloin, green beans and brussels sprouts.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can I come with you on Sundays please?
My mother in law cooks enough for 10 people every Sunday. The roast she made was huge.

Tonight, we are having meat pie and salad. Need a quick dinner because we are going out to get our new tv after dinner.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother in law cooks enough for 10 people every Sunday. The roast she made was huge.

Tonight, we are having meat pie and salad. Need a quick dinner because we are going out to get our new tv after
dinner.
I take that as a yes!

what size TV are you going to buy?

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bought the wrong kind of lentils to make dahl, but made it anyway. So we're having a spicy lentil soup with fried vegetables for dinner.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you want to come all the way to Canada, sure.

We are buying a 50 inch tv. It's on clearance so we are getting it for an amazing price.
I'd love to pop over to Canada.
A 50" TV. That's big. What sort of price?

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Winchester They are coming out with red velvet Oreos if you like red velvet. On sale on Feb. 2nd. :) Just thought I would mention those! The reeses peanut butter cup ones are my favorite and I had Pumpkin Spice Oreos around Halloween. They were yummy too. Just vanilla with a pumpkin spice cream. It tasted like frosting! Mm. But for chocolate oreos I prefer double stuffed!

chocolate

We had chicken fried steak and salad tonight for dinner. Hopefully making goulash this weekend.

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was $398 plus taxes and fees so it came to a little under $500. We paid more than twice that for our old tv and it was smaller.
Good Lord. More than we paid for our 34" I think. Is that Can$'s? I don't know the rate of exchange. US$'s is about 4 shekels, horrible word, to US$'s. Enjoy your TV. Will you put it on your wall?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Winchester
They are coming out with red velvet Oreos if you like red velvet. On sale on Feb. 2nd. :) Just thought I would mention those! The reeses peanut butter cup
ones are my favorite and I had Pumpkin Spice Oreos around Halloween. They were yummy too. Just vanilla with a pumpkin spice cream. It tasted like frosting! Mm. But for chocolate oreos I prefer double stuffed!
chocolate
We had chicken fried steak and salad tonight for dinner. Hopefully making goulash this weekend.
May i have your recipe for goulash please?

Status
Not open for further replies.