Whats for dinner? 17.05.05

catherine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Catherine - I am nuts about chicken and andouille gumbo - is your recipe easy? I would love to know it!
It's very easy. Most people make a roux but I don't. It's too unhealthy and I'm not crazy about a strong roux taste either.

I'll send you the recipe. I kinda do it different evey time. You really can't mess it up......unless you make a roux, you can burn that easily.

Are you interested in making it the "real cajun" way with a roux, the healthier way or both?

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by catherine

It's very easy. Most people make a roux but I don't. It's too unhealthy and I'm not crazy about a strong roux taste either.

I'll send you the recipe. I kinda do it different evey time. You really can't mess it up......unless you make a roux, you can burn that easily.

Are you interested in making it the "real cajun" way with a roux, the healthier way or both?
Either way is fine - I would like a recipe to take home with me and hope that I can find the ingredients in NZ

Thanks Catherine!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
CHICKEN AND DRESSING WITH VEGETABLES - Marinated oven roasted chicken. Served with a side of oriental style green beans in a ginger sauce, a walnut bread dressing and cranberry sauce. I'm not eating the cranberry sauce though

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wood smoked chicken with lemon pepper seasoning. A side of fresh green beans almondine and perhaps some french bread. For dessert: pick a flavor of ice cream (other than chocolate) and I probably have it!

Yummy!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not sure, but I think I'm going to pick up a bit of fish on my way home from Dad's -- some snapper or sole, if it's nice. I have some quinoa in the fridge, and probably just enough broccoli, to go with it.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyones meals sound so delicious! I'm thinking along the lines of a chicken Kiev and some simple veges like green beans for tonights meal!