Whats for breakfast?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Fran, I think you have to call it "brunch" or "lunch" when it's nearly noon!
Kaiserschmarrn is yummy! My breakfast consisted of coffee, a stalk of celery, and a cigarette today. I didn't get up till 9:30 (except for feeding Jamie at 6:00), and figured I might as well wait till "Mittagessen".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Fran, I think you have to call it "brunch" or "lunch" when it's nearly noon!
Kaiserschmarrn is yummy! My breakfast consisted of coffee, a stalk of celery, and a cigarette today. I didn't get up till 9:30 (except for feeding Jamie at 6:00), and figured I might as well wait till "Mittagessen".
shhh, others here dont know what time it is here

I actually got up really early sometime before 10 am but i didnt want to eat right away! i ended up having lunch at 6 pm which was strawberries and a banana and then dinner at 7 pm! which was left overs of what i cooked last night

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jeanor

LOL There is a little local (mom & pop) market down the road that makes the most awesome breakfast burritos
(eggs, potatoes & bacon). We were going to get those for breakfast today, but they weren't open yet.

We came home and I made fried eggs and hashbrowns.
YUM - those sound so yummy!

I love breakfast, I think its my favorite meal of the day - I could eat breakfast food for every meal of the day!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I am gign to make breakfast for dinner tonight. Sme waffles and bacon and eggs or somethign close to that!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brunch was spatzle (a german pasta) with cream and a teaspoon of gravy mix, it was so delicious with buttered vegetables from lidl! ohh yum i made two servings the rest is for tomorrow morning

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spatzle is one german food I have never liked. Maybe it was just the ones I tried but they were very salty. I want some spargle (sp) white asparagus.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Spatzle is one german food I have never liked. Maybe it was just the ones I tried but they were very salty. I want some spargle (sp) white asparagus.
Have you ever tried "Käsespätzle"? Käse = cheese. It's a Swabian specialty - Spätzle layered with grated cheese, fried onions, salt and pepper, and butter. You can add leeks, scallions, or sweet peppers, if desired. I make it quite often, with creamed spinach on the side.
My husband's grandfather used to eat Spätzle with sugar! Spätzle really shouldn't be salty. The basic recipe here in "Swabia" is a half pound of flour, four large, whole eggs, one or two dashes of salt from the shaker, and enough water to get the consistency of thick oatmeal. Cut or press it into salted, boiling water, and take the pieces out when they start to float.
I've never actually liked white "Spargel" - it seems so anemic, and has to be peeled. I always buy the green, and have actually managed to convert my German husband and in-laws, as well as a few friends, to it.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Um i just buy the store brand and dont add salt to my boiling water its not salty at all?

Germans and these asparaguses! BAH!!!!!!! its so gross and hollandaise sauce eeeepppppppp

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by huggles

ack! i dont have time for breakfast. Jazzy's breakfast is milk though
aww

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
jcat said:
Have you ever tried "Käsespätzle"? Käse = cheese. It's a Swabian specialty - Spätzle layered with grated cheese, fried onions, salt and pepper, and butter. You can add leeks, scallions, or sweet peppers, if desired. I make it quite often, with creamed spinach on the side.
My husband's grandfather used to eat Spätzle with sugar! Spätzle really shouldn't be salty. The basic recipe here in "Swabia" is a half pound of flour, four large, whole eggs, one or two dashes of salt from the shaker, and enough water to get the consistency of thick oatmeal. Cut or press it into salted, boiling water, and take the pieces out when they start to float.
QUOTE]

mmm, that sounds delicious! I am definitely going to try this!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kaserspatzle sounds fantastic. I'll be sure to see if I can find some of that in Austria in the summer. I wonder whether it's regional and not found there - I hope not.

My breakfast every morning is toast with hubby's homemade marmalade
Very very yummy!!!!