What's A Way To Convince My Mom To Allow Me To Have A Cat?

Moreena

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!

I really love cats and they are my #1 favorite animal. I really want a cat but my mom won't allow me to have one because of her allergies. I tried telling her numerous times that there are cats for people with allergies but she won't listen!

We had a Persian cat before but my mom had allergic reactions before but I can see why because Persian cats are said to be bad for people with allergies.

What to do?
It's almost impossible to convince her.. :(

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Probably need to be able to support yourself (and a cat), move out on your own, and then get a cat. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moreena

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Probably need to be able to support yourself (and a cat), move out on your own, and then get a cat. :)
You're right. Moving out isn't an option right now so I'll just have to wait I guess..

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Having patience is hard... maybe you could volunteer with helping cats an animal shelter to pass the time? Then you'll get a good amount of time with kitties, learn a lot about them, help keep them happy & clean, etc. :)

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Having patience is hard... maybe you could volunteer with helping cats an animal shelter to pass the time? Then you'll get a good amount of time with kitties, learn a lot about them, help keep them happy & clean, etc. :)
good idea :)

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a cat when I shouldn't have at the age of 12 or so. He only lasted a year. My dad is asian and didn't believe in providing for the cat besides food and litter. So no flea meds and no neutering. Of course he got fleas and my dad made him stay outside full time because of it. Till this day I am heartbroken about my first cat. I didn't get another cat until I was 28. I waited so long because I didn't want a repeat of my childhood cat (poor care). Delaying a cat until I was fully ready was really the best decision. You should focus on education and success for now so you can eventually move out and provide a great life for your future cat. :)

Pucks104

My boys!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I too wanted a cat growing up but my mom wouldn’t allow it. I waited until I got to a place where I could live on my own and care for my kitties myself before I got my first kittens. Waiting is hard but you and your future kittens will be better off when you can handle all the responsibilities yourself.