what would you like to get for christmas?

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ali012281

Oh I loved the 4th book!!! My fave!!!

However I think of the 3 movies the 3rd was done better. Different director and you can clearly see the style change. It followed the book rather well but like all the movies I feel they tend to leave out some important things... but that is just my opinion.
Can't remember which book I liked... thought the 5th was too dark and J.K. Rowlings has indicated that she's getting Harry in a darker place. But Harry was so whiney in that book - I just wanted to take my heavy hardback cover and whack him upside the head with it.

But that's just me.

I should try to rent the third movie today, maybe it'll be available!

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

Can't remember which book I liked... thought the 5th was too dark and J.K. Rowlings has indicated that she's getting Harry in a darker place. But Harry was so whiney in that book - I just wanted to take my heavy hardback cover and whack him upside the head with it.

But that's just me.

I should try to rent the third movie today, maybe it'll be available!
I agree. Most of the 5th book was a waste of my time and I though Harry was really turning into a brat. But the ending was sooooo important.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd like DH to receive enough of a raise or a bonus that we could go buy a "new to me" used Subaru Forester or Outback

Much more realisticly, but unlikely, I'd like to receive the covered casserole for my china set (still buying this piece by piece, have my set for 4 - we really don't entertain - but need more of the extra pieces) and/or soup bowls.

Honestly, this year we are buying for others, and spending hardly anything on us, it's just a tight year 'cause of some redmodelling and all our vet bills this past Fall.

Hmmm.....how about for Christmas I want to wake up and see that the floor is all put in in the livingroom
without my doing a thing? Hah!

Or...how about I wish a new double oven would appear (my oven is kaput, currently cooking with a delonghi convection oven).

"nuff said,

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I agree. Most of the 5th book was a waste of my time and I though Harry was really turning into a brat. But the ending was sooooo important.
Actually I thought he was getting pretty bratty in the fourth book even...at any rate he's not my favorite character. As far as the third movie goes, I though they left a lot of important stuff out of the movie, hopefully they'll cover it in the next movie though.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are talking about making the 4th book into 2 movies!!! If that is the case lol what about the 5th book... that was even longer!!!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

They are talking about making the 4th book into 2 movies!!! If that is the case lol what about the 5th book... that was even longer!!!
Youch! And yeah, he's not really my fave character either... I like Hermione, and I think the girl they picked to play her is great. But I want her to be with Harry, not Ron like it looks like they're trying to do.

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

Youch! And yeah, he's not really my fave character either... I like Hermione, and I think the girl they picked to play her is great. But I want her to be with Harry, not Ron like it looks like they're trying to do.
I Hermonie too, I love the fact that they've made the brains of the outfit smart. I keep hoping that that will encourage little girls to be proud to be smart.

My other favorite is Professor Snape. A it's a wonderful story of redemption for him, snarkiness aside, as long as RK doesn't change him up any in the future. And they found a wonderful actor to play him. (Sigh, Alan Rickman is wonderful.
)

.kitten luvr.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ooohhh some money to go to that new Japanese store in West Ed!

Japanese clothes
so many clothes there...

I barely got a look so I dont know whats all in there but hopefully Ill be able to get another look soon

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have that dvd on my christmas list. However my current dream present this yr is to complete my stephen king novel collection. I do not yet have the 2 last dark tower books. I would also like original hardcovers of his first two book Carrie & Salem's Lot.
I went trolling on the internet and dust jacket 1st editions for salem's lot were pricey, carrie wasn't so bad. I have book club editions of books 3 & 4 and would also like to upgrade those. And also the very first star trek ornament (Enterprise). If anyone has these I'll deal!!!!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dunno.. the 3rd movie wasn't as good as the book. Didn't keep to the story that well. The grounds changed too which threw me off a bit. hermione gets with the Bulgarian quidditch player if you remember? And not only that, but of course Harry will get Bratty! JK Rowling has made him a REAL teenager!! Not an airy-fairy idea of a perfect child. I think the books were all really well done
I wish they could keep to the books though in the movie. Rupert Grint is a pretty good little actor too. He does blind terror exceptionally well
I think the two boys will grow up to be proper little heartbreakers you know

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ive only seen one of the harry potter movies.
which i bought.
and ive got a dvd player!!
I accidently bought american sweethearts twice off ebay but one of them is in the american zone and i cant play it on my dvd player!
anyone want it? lol

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nah Fwan, I already have American Sweethearts - paid only $5 for it at Walmart, but I didn't really like that movie so it wasn't worth much to me - I only bought it for John Cusack and Julia Roberts.

Ashley - if that's how you feel, maybe you should think about that a bit more. Or else maybe you're just having a bad day/week and need some ice cream or something to help you snap out of a funk?

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by golden_moon_luv

well umm it might be a little mean but i do wish this. A better guy to be with. Im starting to feel a little bit well umm never mind.

Ashley
Now Miss Ashley. I happen to have passed through Sweetwater, Texas and I happen to like it. I LIKE the big sky, the vast expanse, the funky cafes and the tumbleweeds. I LOVED it. SO there. Now, about your humbug guy? I felt as you do a couple of years back. The holidays have a way of magnifying everything, believe me. I'm sorry though, you sound down. So I asked myself about my old humbug guy, I asked "Is he as good for me as I am for him? Does he treat me in the same giving manner I treat and respect him?" I got two loud No's.
And it occured to me in my pea-brain that somtimes everybody thinks you're a cute couple or so good for each other and so perfect (no such thing) and then you begin to see that although you might be great in his life, he's not so great in yours. Sorry to vent about this. But you are Golden Moon Luv and you deserve the BEST. Even in Sweetwater. Right?
Love,
Elizabeth